I almost give - Fast User Switching

March 28, 2005 9:45:47 PM

Man hs this turned into a real pain in the *&%^$%&*. Anyway FUS is
still not working and I look in the system event log and I see event ID
7000 and 7001 and it says "The Terminal Services service failed to start
due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."
A quick run to MS KB and I get all kinds of information about Exchange
and Service but nothing abuot FSU.

Any ideas? I am about ready to mail XP back to MS and try to get a refund.

Thanks Gang

Jim
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:15:36 PM

Hi Jim,

Extract a copy of the file termsrv.dll from XP CD / Source path and place it
here:

%SystemRoot%\System32

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Jim Raykowski" <jimrski@cox.net> wrote in message
> Man hs this turned into a real pain in the *&%^$%&*. Anyway FUS is
> still not working and I look in the system event log and I see event ID
> 7000 and 7001 and it says "The Terminal Services service failed to start
> due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." A
> quick run to MS KB and I get all kinds of information about Exchange and
> Service but nothing abuot FSU.
>

> Any ideas? I am about ready to mail XP back to MS and try to get a
> refund.
>
> Thanks Gang
>
> Jim

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:36:19 PM

Ramesh,
Did as you recomended below and when I did the extraction I was
promted to replace an existing file I said yes. Rebooted and still have
the same error in teh system event log.
Thoughts?

Jim

Thanks

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Extract a copy of the file termsrv.dll from XP CD / Source path and
> place it here:
>
> %SystemRoot%\System32

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:32:04 PM

Jim,

To make sure that the DLL version is current, copy the updated termsrv.dll
from ServicePackFiles folder (which contains the updated system files when
you install a Service Pack). Other than that, paste the Event Log
information here.

How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

--

!