I almost give - Fast User Switching

Man hs this turned into a real pain in the *&%^$%&*. Anyway FUS is
still not working and I look in the system event log and I see event ID
7000 and 7001 and it says "The Terminal Services service failed to start
due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified."
A quick run to MS KB and I get all kinds of information about Exchange
and Service but nothing abuot FSU.

Any ideas? I am about ready to mail XP back to MS and try to get a refund.

Thanks Gang

Jim
3 answers Last reply
More about give fast user switching

    Hi Jim,

    Extract a copy of the file termsrv.dll from XP CD / Source path and place it
    here:

    %SystemRoot%\System32

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Jim Raykowski" <jimrski@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Man hs this turned into a real pain in the *&%^$%&*. Anyway FUS is
    > still not working and I look in the system event log and I see event ID
    > 7000 and 7001 and it says "The Terminal Services service failed to start
    > due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." A
    > quick run to MS KB and I get all kinds of information about Exchange and
    > Service but nothing abuot FSU.
    >

    > Any ideas? I am about ready to mail XP back to MS and try to get a
    > refund.
    >
    > Thanks Gang
    >
    > Jim

    Ramesh,
    Did as you recomended below and when I did the extraction I was
    promted to replace an existing file I said yes. Rebooted and still have
    the same error in teh system event log.
    Thoughts?

    Jim

    Thanks

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > Extract a copy of the file termsrv.dll from XP CD / Source path and
    > place it here:
    >
    > %SystemRoot%\System32

    Jim,

    To make sure that the DLL version is current, copy the updated termsrv.dll
    from ServicePackFiles folder (which contains the updated system files when
    you install a Service Pack). Other than that, paste the Event Log
    information here.

    How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

    --

    > Ramesh,
    > Did as you recomended below and when I did the extraction I was promted
    > to replace an existing file I said yes. Rebooted and still have the same
    > error in teh system event log.
    > Thoughts?
    >
    > Jim
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    >> Hi Jim,
    >>
    >> Extract a copy of the file termsrv.dll from XP CD / Source path and place
    >> it here:
    >>
    >> %SystemRoot%\System32

Windows XP