Hey guys. Need a gaming laptop that's decently priced that I can play Diablo III on! My old custom built PC just isn't gonna handle it with this 6600GT card and AGP slots.
1. What is your budget? $1,000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" and under.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Not too particular about this one.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Semi-Portable.
5. How much battery life do you need? It will be used at home, so doesn't really matter.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, I want to play DIII at at least medium settings, and older games such as WoW, Fallout New Vegas ETC.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will be using the Adobe Suite, Firefox, and Zune for my WP.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At Least 100 gigs.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. amazon, newegg, etc.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 2-3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD/CD Burner at minimum. I have a PS3 so not concerned with bluray.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I enjoy Toshiba, HP/Compaq and Dell. I don't really prefer Acer because of bad experiences and reviews.
13. What country do you live in? U.S.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Thanks for the help in advance guys! I'm mainly looking at the Alienware M11x right now even though it doesn't have an optical drive.
A little lower price than what you specified, but does what you want, and the i7 quad core would be a benefit for adobe suite and CPU dependent games. And you could add HP's 3 year warranty and still be around your budget point.