Girlfriend smashed my laptop! Need help finding a spare laptop LCD and cover...!

Hi! My girlfriend, in a showy display of rage, smashed my laptop... It's a Lenovo X220 with a 12.1-ish inch display. Can anyone help me find a spare replacement for the aluminum covering and the LCD? The cheapest parts are fine too...
15 answers Last reply
More about girlfriend smashed laptop finding spare laptop cover
  1. Here's a photo for reference, by the way!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=8fac59cc7e&view=att&th=136d75b6b706c4ca&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1399904456362950656-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-wVRK7IawjR4ESDXBwZkO4&sadet=1335057210772&sads=o_bsP18JYAvnbJ6jXV2ed_kBDHU
  2. Hmm, I Google'd its product ID: 4286CTO.

Apparently it's a 12.5 inch. Thanks! You're a life saver!
  3. Is there anywhere cheaper that comes from the US? The shipping cost is a bit steep. :(
  4. Also, it's missing the covering for the LED screen. Does anyone know where I can get that? The site that borden5 posted only has the LED screen portion of it...
  5. you meant the frame coming from laptop to secure the screen itself ? u might want to check for ebay for those if you want cheaper.
  6. Ah, that's what it's called... :) The website you gave doesn't seem to have frames! Is there a website that has frames too?
  7. i doubt it unless you can ask lenovo themselves
  8. if you can find the laptop service part number online there should be a breakdown for the lcd bezel and cover.
  9. Maybe replace the girlfriend before you get another laptop she can break lol.sorry bad joke but couldnt resist:)
  10. Quote:
    Maybe replace the girlfriend before you get another laptop she can break lol.sorry bad joke but couldnt resist:)

Hey now. have to ask what HE did before we can recommend a girlfriend swap out :p lol
  11. This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Laptops & Notebooks by Pyree
  12. She must have been pissed...
  13. I'm innocent! :(

So it's impossible to repair this laptop screen without sending it to the factory? I didn't know that the frame was that important (and difficult to find!)!
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops LCD Displays