Dell 1905FP 19" & Gaming

Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about dell 1905fp gaming

    Love it. No ghosting in HL2.

    "CaptNemo" <captnemo_rn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
    > response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
    > How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks

    I just got mine and the dvi does not work. Problem not solved yet. Bob

    CaptNemo wrote:
    > Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
    > response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
    > How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks

    Did you press the button on the front to switch it from analog to digital?

    CaptNemo wrote:
    > Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
    > response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
    > How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks

    I just reveived my Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor yesterday. The DVI cable that
    came with it is the wrong one. It is i single link connection instead of
    a dual link one. Anyone else receive the wrong cable with their Monitor.
    ricardo

    "ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
    > CaptNemo wrote:
    >> Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
    >> response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
    >> How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks
    >>

    > I just reveived my Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor yesterday. The DVI cable that
    > came with it is the wrong one. It is i single link connection instead of a
    > dual link one. Anyone else receive the wrong cable with their Monitor.
    > ricardo

    What do you mean by Single link vs. Double link. I've never heard those
    terms.

    Tom

    ricardo wrote:
    > CaptNemo wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
    >> response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
    >> How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks
    >>

    > I just reveived my Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor yesterday. The DVI cable that
    > came with it is the wrong one. It is i single link connection instead of
    > a dual link one. Anyone else receive the wrong cable with their Monitor.
    > ricardo

    Your monitor doesn't support two links. This came up some time ago
    on the Dell site concerning the 2001FP (20" 1600x1200) where someone was
    griping about the single link cable and claiming much improved
    performance with an (expensive) dual link cable. However the 2001FP only
    supports a single link, as do most video cards, and it was all his
    imagination!

    The only monitor out there that needs the dual links is the Apple 30"
    Cinema display.

    See this and the following page showing connectors on Tom's Hardware Guide:
    http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041129/tft_connection-06.html

    Now look at the 1905FP Documentation:

    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/r83546/EN/about.htm#Specifications

    You see that pins 4,5,12,13,20, and 21 are not connected, therefor no
    tual link support.

    Tom Scales wrote:
    > "ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>CaptNemo wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone using this monitor (Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor 800:1 contrast, 20ms
    >>>response time) for gaming (HL, Doom3, etc)?
    >>>How do you like it? Any ghosting? Comments, thanks
    >>>

    >>I just reveived my Dell 1905FP 19" Monitor yesterday. The DVI cable that
    >>came with it is the wrong one. It is i single link connection instead of a
    >>dual link one. Anyone else receive the wrong cable with their Monitor.
    >>ricardo
    >

    > What do you mean by Single link vs. Double link. I've never heard those
    > terms.
    >
    > Tom

    Check out the link below. Courtesy of Tom Almy
    http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041129/tft_connection-06.html

    In the end the cable provided by Dell was the correct one. Because the
    connections on the cable appeared to be different from what was on the
    video card and monitor I assumed they were incompatible.
    Anyway problem is now solved and monitor is running in Digital mode.
    Thanks all for your help.
    ricardo

Dell Gaming Monitors Computers