DA that imitates MemoLeaf?

August 3, 2005 1:28:06 PM

I'm looking for a Desk Accessory that imitates "MemoLeaf".

I've used (and registered) "MemoLeaf" for quite some time now and love
it but after coming across "Call Lookup DA", I would like to be able to
do something similar with my memo data without having to leave the
current app to go to "MemoLeaf". Anyone go any ideas?

More about : imitates memoleaf

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:03:52 PM

pike942 wrote:
> I'm looking for a Desk Accessory that imitates "MemoLeaf".
>
> I've used (and registered) "MemoLeaf" for quite some time now and love
> it but after coming across "Call Lookup DA", I would like to be able to
> do something similar with my memo data without having to leave the
> current app to go to "MemoLeaf". Anyone go any ideas?

There daMemoPad at :

http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/damepd.html

You can download it, but the description is in Japanese. Google it, if
you
want to find an English description.

It looks like the current version is 2.41. I'm running 2.24 on a
PalmOS
3.5.2 machine. I'm not sure if any of this has been fixed since, but
I've found if I leave daMemoPad open, I can get a PalmOS reset. This
most often happens when an alarm goes off. And if the builtin memo app
is open, then daMemoPad is read only.

I use daMemoPad all the time and like it. Combined with Insidious
Calc,
it makes a nice popup ASMD calculator.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:11:14 PM

pike942 wrote:
> I'm looking for a Desk Accessory that imitates "MemoLeaf".
>
> I've used (and registered) "MemoLeaf" for quite some time now and love
> it but after coming across "Call Lookup DA", I would like to be able to
> do something similar with my memo data without having to leave the
> current app to go to "MemoLeaf". Anyone go any ideas?

There daMemoPad at :

http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/damepd.html

You can download it, but the description is in Japanese. Google it, if
you
want to find an English description.

It looks like the current version is 2.41. I'm running 2.24 on a
PalmOS
3.5.2 machine. I'm not sure if any of this has been fixed since, but
I've found if I leave daMemoPad open, I can get a PalmOS reset. This
most often happens when an alarm goes off. And if the builtin memo app
is open, then daMemoPad is read only.

I use daMemoPad all the time and like it. Combined with Insidious
Calc,
it makes a nice popup ASMD calculator.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:25:26 PM

Yes, I've already got daMemoPad and find it to be a wonderful help but
it doesn't perform the same as MemoLeaf in that it can't search/sort
for certain words in the BODY of the memo.

I don't know if you've ever used MemoLeaf but you enter a word and
choose to search either the title or the BODY and you can limit the
search to particular categories of memos as well. It's a pretty
powerful little program for $6 (I think that's what I paid); I just
would like to be able to do it without leaving my current app all the
time.
!