Screen saver timeout changed to 180 minutes and doesn't ac..

I am using one of the default screen savers that came with windows and
my timeout is set to 10 minutes. Within the past month though I have
noticed a disturbing change. When I check the screen saver settings
under 'Display Properties' the timeout has been changed to 180 minutes.
When I check the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control
Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaveTimeout key it still states 10 minutes (value
of 600 seconds). What is worse is that even after 180 minutes the
screen saver never activates.

Obviously, this is a huge security risk. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

help

viras protection or spyware (excuse the spelling) thats it, you might have to
spend some money

"tower" wrote:

> I am using one of the default screen savers that came with windows and
> my timeout is set to 10 minutes. Within the past month though I have
> noticed a disturbing change. When I check the screen saver settings
> under 'Display Properties' the timeout has been changed to 180 minutes.
> When I check the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control
> Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaveTimeout key it still states 10 minutes (value
> of 600 seconds). What is worse is that even after 180 minutes the
> screen saver never activates.
>
> Obviously, this is a huge security risk. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS