Epson R210/R310 USB2

Hi All
Will I have any troubles printing if my laptop is not USB2.0 compatible?
Thanks
a.

In article <408d1f9d$0$27647$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy wrote:
> Hi All
> Will I have any troubles printing if my laptop is not USB2.0 compatible?
> Thanks
> a.

Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a low-speed
USB hub.

Other than getting that error message you won't have a problem. I do it all
the time with no problems.

"Povl H. Pedersen" <povlhp@povl-h-pedersens-computer.local> wrote in message
> In article <408d1f9d$0$27647$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy
wrote:
> > Hi All
> > Will I have any troubles printing if my laptop is not USB2.0 compatible?
> > Thanks
> > a.
>
> Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a
low-speed
> USB hub.

Windows complaints, but it is working! This is just a warning message. USB2
is compatible to USB2 devices.

--

Yianni
in@mailbox9.gr (áöáéñÝóôå ôïí áñéèìü åííéÜ áðü ôï email)

--

Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

> In article <408d1f9d$0$27647$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>Will I have any troubles printing if my laptop is not USB2.0 compatible?
>>Thanks
>>a.
>

> Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a low-speed
> USB hub.

but you can still use the printer?

Si

"Cocoboy" <cocoboy@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message
> Povl H. Pedersen wrote:
>
> > In article <408d1f9d$0$27647$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy
wrote:

> >>Hi All
> >>Will I have any troubles printing if my laptop is not USB2.0 compatible?
> >>Thanks
> >>a.
> >

> > Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a
low-speed
> > USB hub.
>
> but you can still use the printer?

Yes.

I should of course point out that the R210 is USB1.1 anyway.

The R310 is USB 2.0...

Si.

Si wrote:

> "Cocoboy" <cocoboy@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

>>>Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a
>
> low-speed
>
>>>USB hub.
>>
>>but you can still use the printer?
>

> Yes.
>
> I should of course point out that the R210 is USB1.1 anyway.
>
> The R310 is USB 2.0...

Thanks Si,
I hadnt noticed that... that should be cool then as I am probably gonna
go the 210 as I dont need all the extra stuff on the 310.

Thanks again
a.

In article <408d8e9f$0$27648$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy wrote:
> Povl H. Pedersen wrote:
>
>> In article <408d1f9d$0$27647$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All
>>>Will I have any troubles printing if my laptop is not USB2.0 compatible?
>>>Thanks
>>>a.
>>

>> Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a low-speed
>> USB hub.
>
> but you can still use the printer?

Yes, and cardreader and scanner.

Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

> In article <408d8e9f$0$27648$61ce578d@news.syd.swiftdsl.com.au>, Cocoboy wrote:
>
>>Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

>>>Yes. My Windows box complains that I am using a Hi-Speed device in a low-speed
>>>USB hub.
>>
>>but you can still use the printer?
>

> Yes, and cardreader and scanner.

FYI - I am using USB1.1 with the R210 ( which is USB2 according to the
doco ) and it works fine and no warnings whatsoever.

Thanks to all

> >>but you can still use the printer?
> >

> > Yes, and cardreader and scanner.
>
> FYI - I am using USB1.1 with the R210 ( which is USB2 according to the
> doco ) and it works fine and no warnings whatsoever.

Looking here:

http://www.epson.com.au/products/home_and_office/stylusphotor210.asp

It says that the R210 is 1.1....

Which agrees with the fact that my UK model R200 is also 1.1.

Epson in the US also state that it's 1.1...

However, here:

http://www.epson.com.au/

Epson show the R210 with a USB Hi-Speed logo...which disagrees with the
actual page about the printer itself.

What gives? Seems Epson AU can't even agree with themselves.

Si.

Si wrote:

> "Cocoboy" <cocoboy@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message

> compatible?

> low-speed

>>>Yes, and cardreader and scanner.
>>
>>FYI - I am using USB1.1 with the R210 ( which is USB2 according to the
>>doco ) and it works fine and no warnings whatsoever.
>>

> Looking here:
>
> http://www.epson.com.au/products/home_and_office/stylusphotor210.asp
>
> It says that the R210 is 1.1....
>
> Which agrees with the fact that my UK model R200 is also 1.1.
>
> Epson in the US also state that it's 1.1...
>
> However, here:
>
> http://www.epson.com.au/
>
> Epson show the R210 with a USB Hi-Speed logo...which disagrees with the
> actual page about the printer itself.
>
> What gives? Seems Epson AU can't even agree with themselves.

Yeah I found other sites that listed the 210 as USB2 as well.
a.