Cannot Detect Graphics Card

I can use my monitor just fine with my desktop.
However, every time I try to play a game it tells me that I have no 3D
Graphics card or a low video driver version.
I've gone to NVidia and downloaded their driver for my video card (Asus
V8170 DDR/T), which has a GeForce 4 MX 440 Graphics Card.
After downloading it and restarting my computer it tells me that there is an
error and cannot detect my graphics card.

Can anyone help me? Any help would be most greatful
Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot detect graphics card

    "LilTonic86" <LilTonic86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can use my monitor just fine with my desktop.
    > However, every time I try to play a game it tells me that I have no 3D
    > Graphics card or a low video driver version.
    > I've gone to NVidia and downloaded their driver for my video card (Asus
    > V8170 DDR/T), which has a GeForce 4 MX 440 Graphics Card.
    > After downloading it and restarting my computer it tells me that there is
    > an
    > error and cannot detect my graphics card.
    >
    > Can anyone help me? Any help would be most greatful
    > Thank you.

    Do you have the chipset driver (e.g. Intel, VIA, SIS etc.) for your
    motherboard installed? It should be on a CDROM that came with the system or
    motherboard. If the system is a large OEM like Dell or HP you may have to go
    to their website to download it. You could also go to the chipset
    manufacturer's site and download the latest driver.

    Kerry

    My friend tried to help me with this recently.
    I went to my device manager and it does not have a slot for Video Displays.
    I tried to install my video card as New Hardware, it did appear on my list
    so once again I downloaded the drivers. Then I went to the new Hardware,
    placed it as Have Disk, and it tells me that there is no INF file, so it
    cannot be added.
    Is there anything else that I can do? Because windows is not decting my
    video card, yet, the software that I recently downloaded can. <Everlast
    Computer detection>.

    To respond to Kerry I have a SIS chipset, but I don't understand how that
    can help in this situation, allthough I did download the driver and that
    didn't help.
    I do not have a name brand computer, it was made by someone else other than
    myself.

    > My friend tried to help me with this recently.
    > I went to my device manager and it does not have a slot for Video
    > Displays.
    > I tried to install my video card as New Hardware, it did appear on my list
    > so once again I downloaded the drivers. Then I went to the new Hardware,
    > placed it as Have Disk, and it tells me that there is no INF file, so it
    > cannot be added.
    > Is there anything else that I can do? Because windows is not decting my
    > video card, yet, the software that I recently downloaded can. <Everlast
    > Computer detection>.
    >
    > To respond to Kerry I have a SIS chipset, but I don't understand how that
    > can help in this situation, allthough I did download the driver and that
    > didn't help.
    > I do not have a name brand computer, it was made by someone else other
    > than
    > myself.

    Was it the SIS AGP (GART) Driver that you installed? This is needed for
    Windows to work properly with the AGP slot on your motherboard. You can find
    it here: http://www.sis.com/download/ or on the motherboard manufacturer's
    web site.

    Kerry

Graphics Cards Windows XP