Opening Explorer & My Computer from the Desktop

For some time I have been experiencing a problem opening My Computer and
Explorer from the Desktop. I can access programmes, my email and the
Internet but as soon as I double click on My Comp Dr Watson kicks in and
prevents it from opening. I have restored a million times but need to solve
the problem.

Try creating a shortcut to My Computer from another location, such as your
Start Menu, and then moving the shortcut onto the desktop. If that doesn't
work, download "PowerToys for Windows XP/TweakUI for
Windows Xp" from here:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,2803,00.asp
There's an option to make My Computer available from the desktop. Tick it,
or untick it, and see what happens.

Hope this helps

Microsoft Windows XP - Using the Dr. Watson log file:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/drwatson_logfile.mspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User