1. What is your budget?
I want to stay within about 550 or so.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15-17, nothing smaller as I have relatively bad eyes.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Whatever comes within the above sizes.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement ideally, I won't be taking it out much but when I do I'm sure I will manage with whatever size or weight it is.
5. How much battery life do you need?
N/A, it will be plugged in most of it's life.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Djing with Traktor is the main need for this, I may use Photoshop slightly for fun, as well as watch movies for fun.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
N/A, I prefer 7200 RPM with a decent size but the standard seems to be 500GB+ which is perfectly fine. I plan to use a 1TB external for mass storage.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Frys Electronics, BB, NewEgg or Tiger Direct are all options.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least a couple years or until I need something more powerful.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm relatively open to brands but from looking around I really like the HP Probooks as they have a business grade build with the features I like including a USB 3.0 port.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Traktor and Serato are the main DJ programs and they are said to run on must stuff that is a dual core. I don't want to have issues however with performance if I get something that isn't up to snuff. The main reason I am posting this is because I don't know much about the software and seen a few posts here regarding the matter. In addition, I am used to building my own stuff so I'm not 100% up to par with brand knowledge and all that stuff.