Club3D Radeon 9600 256mb

docmayhem

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2003
Hi Mates,

i have the following problem and i hope somebody could help me :)

I bought last days a Club3D Radeon 9600Pro 256mb.
And I installed it correctly:

Bios update, newest
MB Chipset drivers, newest DirectX, Catalyst 3.9, and I installed my System new;

Problem: when I play a Game (Zero Hour, BG2....) after about 1-5 minutes there comes a black screen and refresh rate turns back to 30 - 50HZ; and then comes an error (Zero Hour: VPU failure; BG2 3D problems turns back 2 Software rendering :)) or the PC reboot´s himself or he [-peep-] up;

PLZ HELP !

System

ASRock MB
Athlon XP 2600+
1 GB Ram
Club3D Radeon 9600pro Value Edition 256mb
Nokia 445XPro 21" Monitor
80GB/8 mb Cache Diamond Maxtor HDD

Doc

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Probably heat. One of my customers just got a 9600 non-pro, it didn't even have thermal interface material between the heatsink and VPU. I'd take the cooler off and slap some of your favorite heatsink compound on there, if there isn't any.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

BirdRobin

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003
I have problems running chaos legion and CS 1.6 too and i have all the latest drivers installed... Heck b4 i installed the new catalyst drivers my old drivers can play cs 1.6... now i cant even access console once i do that my com hangs and after i manually restarted it its still the same... -_-

B|rD[RoB|n]

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're cooler could be 10 stories tall and do little to cool the card if there's no interface material to close the air gaps between it and the VPU. That's why I recommened checking to make sure there's an interface material in there.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>