system locks up after logging off of xp-only for user accn..

When my son and wife log off of xp the screen goes black and the system
locks up.
This does not happen with me though. Also if they hit the "switch user"
option instead everthing is fine?? any suggestions ??

Thanks,
Mark

Gene

Mark,

I ran into this before too. My guess would be that there is some software
(SpyWare) causing you issues. I would install the Microsoft AntiSpyware
Beta. It's free. Then do a full system scan when logged in as each user.
Yeah it takes awhile but be patient. If it finds any bad things remove them.
Be sure to run it as each user. It seemed to make a difference for me.

How's your antiviurs program doing? Do you have the latest updates and have
you run a full scan recently? Check that out too.

If that doesn't fix your problem check Device Manager and make sure you
don't have any question marks or other problems with any of your hardware
devices.

Good luck.

"Gene" wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I ran into this before too. My guess would be that there is some software
> (SpyWare) causing you issues. I would install the Microsoft AntiSpyware
> Beta. It's free. Then do a full system scan when logged in as each user.
> Yeah it takes awhile but be patient. If it finds any bad things remove them.
> Be sure to run it as each user. It seemed to make a difference for me.
>
> How's your antiviurs program doing? Do you have the latest updates and have
> you run a full scan recently? Check that out too.
>
> If that doesn't fix your problem check Device Manager and make sure you
> don't have any question marks or other problems with any of your hardware
> devices.
>
> Good luck.
> Thanks for the suggestion Gene. I'll give it a shot and see what hppens!!
Mark