Sign in with
Your question

Dell xps 15 l501x black screen on startup

Tags:
  • Dell Studio Xps
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
April 23, 2012 2:27:35 AM

Hello, I recently Swapped out my 720p screen for my 1080 p LCD screen on my xps 15 l501x. It works great until you get to the login screen. After it displays "windows 7 starting up" the computer screen goes black ( but backlight is still on so screen is not off); however, everything is running fine in the background I.e. I can hook it up to an external monitor. I bought a 1080p screen pn: kyyvk
And the compatible ribbon cord connector: 7v3d3. I believe I hooked everything up correctly but I could be mistaken. Could someone please provide some insight on the situation, thanks.

More about : dell xps l501x black screen startup

April 23, 2012 4:05:34 AM

bmmy9f said:
Hello, I recently Swapped out my 720p screen for my 1080 p LCD screen on my xps 15 l501x. It works great until you get to the login screen. After it displays "windows 7 starting up" the computer screen goes black ( but backlight is still on so screen is not off); however, everything is running fine in the background I.e. I can hook it up to an external monitor. I bought a 1080p screen pn: kyyvk
And the compatible ribbon cord connector: 7v3d3. I believe I hooked everything up correctly but I could be mistaken. Could someone please provide some insight on the situation, thanks.

Is the computer Blue screeing at all or giving any kind of error message? I would say it might be a problem with the HDD.
m
l
April 23, 2012 5:15:01 AM

Anonymous_26 said:
Is the computer Blue screeing at all or giving any kind of error message? I would say it might be a problem with the HDD.

I dont think so, I forgot to mention that it works fine in safe mode, the problem started when i replaced my screen.
m
l
April 23, 2012 5:38:05 AM

did you update drivers, set resolution correctly?
m
l
!