Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Mac Book Air 2012

Last response: in Mac Os X
Share
June 15, 2011 3:23:42 AM

How many members re going to purchase the new MBA 2012 model when it comes out soon? thanks

More about : mac book air 2012

June 17, 2011 2:55:45 AM

not me, giant waste of money, i would rather have a slightly heavier laptop with better specs for less money
m
0
l
June 17, 2011 2:58:42 AM

mindless728 said:
not me, giant waste of money, i would rather have a slightly heavier laptop with better specs for less money
If someone wanted to trade you a MBP 13 inch 2011 model for a MBA 2012 would you do this deal? MBP 13 inch and 4 gigs of ram and 320 HD.thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
June 17, 2011 10:15:26 AM

Hey macs are fine they fill a gap in the market. they are not for me. they are good for people who want a good computer that is simple and easy to use. but they are underpowered and overpriced. I might get a mac one day just to try it, but it won't be the MBA 2012
m
0
l
June 17, 2011 3:50:42 PM

Same here, the mba is not meeting my need as a desktop replacement laptop and even the mbp is not very good for gaming. Not to mention I have to put in ms os for gaming cause some game don't have osx version. For me, price performance ratio is everything and I need ms os, so there is really no point buying the spec for spec more expensive mac laptop just to put ms os in it. As to ease of use, quality, look and portability, I never get used to mac os control and interface. I tried. My primary and high school have both mac os and ms os pc in the computer room but I always find myself completing what I want to do faster on the ms os pc. Quality of respectable laptop maker are on par if not better than apple. I think the mpa is too thin and light, I like something heavy and less plain (I don't like minimalist style, but i love the rog or alienware stealth edges and large fan exhaust). But again personal preference. I understand that gaming is not what everyone does on their computer. So my fellow forumer will make sensible decision on a laptop purchase as they see fit.
m
0
l
June 17, 2011 11:14:00 PM

I had the high-end 2010 13" MBA {2.13Ghz, 256GB Flash, 4GB of RAM}...it performed fine...no...great...for everyday computing but for $1,730 it was overpriced for its ability. The dated dual-core couldn't keep up when virtualizing. Mac's are overpriced, but I do like the hardware and I like OS X...at least as much, if not more, than Windows 7.

As to speculating about the 2012 MacBook Air. I'm thinking it may be some Core i5...but if its as much a jump in performance over the current model as the 2011 MacBook Pro's were over the 2010's then it would be a pretty slick machine.

I wouldn't trade my 2011 MacBook Pro for one though...I like this thing...even though its overpriced.
m
0
l
June 18, 2011 2:51:34 AM

musical marv said:
If someone wanted to trade you a MBP 13 inch 2011 model for a MBA 2012 would you do this deal? MBP 13 inch and 4 gigs of ram and 320 HD.thanks


honestly if i ever got a free mac, i would sell it to either build a new desktop or buy a new laptop, i have no interest in having an under powered machine (that is overpriced) or having OSX (as i can install linux in a machine)

case an point about over priced, the laptop i have was $1400 when i bought it, a MBP at the time with as close to possible specs (lesser screen and cpu) would have been $3500
m
0
l
June 18, 2011 2:51:48 AM

halcyon said:
I had the high-end 2010 13" MBA {2.13Ghz, 256GB Flash, 4GB of RAM}...it performed fine...no...great...for everyday computing but for $1,730 it was overpriced for its ability. The dated dual-core couldn't keep up when virtualizing. Mac's are overpriced, but I do like the hardware and I like OS X...at least as much, if not more, than Windows 7.

As to speculating about the 2012 MacBook Air. I'm thinking it may be some Core i5...but if its as much a jump in performance over the current model as the 2011 MacBook Pro's were over the 2010's then it would be a pretty slick machine.

I wouldn't trade my 2011 MacBook Pro for one though...I like this thing...even though its overpriced.
It is not really over priced because look at the Sony Vaio which is more money then the basic MBP 13 inch. Mac has a good build quality not like Acer or HP which stinks in quality control.Everyone has an opinion really.
m
0
l
June 18, 2011 5:18:06 AM

musical marv said:
It is not really over priced because look at the Sony Vaio which is more money then the basic MBP 13 inch. Mac has a good build quality not like Acer or HP which stinks in quality control.Everyone has an opinion really.


it is over priced to me as i don't care about a thin light weight notebook, i need horsepower which excludes me from the thin market
m
0
l

Best solution

June 18, 2011 10:55:48 AM

musical marv said:
It is not really over priced because look at the Sony Vaio which is more money then the basic MBP 13 inch. Mac has a good build quality not like Acer or HP which stinks in quality control.Everyone has an opinion really.


The Sony VAIO Z series, though it at least has the horsepower, is overpriced too. I know you have to pay for the thin and light "sexy" designs these things offer, but $2,000+ for the Sony?

I think I'll stick with the MacBook Pro.
Share
June 20, 2011 3:06:43 AM

Best answer selected by musical marv.
m
0
l
!