ICS RPC service error 1722

Before SP2 was installed i could set up the internet connection to be
"shared" and my system acted as a NAT perfectly.

After installing SP2 and using automatiic updates, now when I attempt to
manually set up ICS i get the RPC service not available error ( 1722 ). All
RPC services are
running and internet on the ADSL connecion works perfectly. I can set up
Print and file sharing with in the internal PC's perfectly. This worked
before SP2 or the MS spyware automatic download.

Using the wizard just gives the NON helpfull message "an error has occured"

There are no events logged.

Any ideas
1 answer Last reply
More about service error 1722

    SP2 activates a firewall

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Vizzair" <Vizzair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0F7BD5E-F920-46CA-A4C1-444B40A52F1D@microsoft.com...
    > Before SP2 was installed i could set up the internet connection to be
    > "shared" and my system acted as a NAT perfectly.
    >
    > After installing SP2 and using automatiic updates, now when I attempt to
    > manually set up ICS i get the RPC service not available error ( 1722 ). All
    > RPC services are
    > running and internet on the ADSL connecion works perfectly. I can set up
    > Print and file sharing with in the internal PC's perfectly. This worked
    > before SP2 or the MS spyware automatic download.
    >
    > Using the wizard just gives the NON helpfull message "an error has occured"
    >
    > There are no events logged.
    >
    > Any ideas

RPC Internet Connection Windows XP