Active Scripting is disabled locally can't activate Window..

Gene

My motherboard failed so I had to swap it out with a new one. When I booted
up with the new one it said I had to reactivate Windows (XP Pro). When I
click the message to reactivate Windows a dialog box pops up that says Active
Scripting is disabled locally which is preventing me from registering
electronically and to fix this problem and try again. I have been searching
Google to find out how to do that and have been unsucessful. Now my three
days have expired and I can't get in there to mess with any settings. How
can I get myself out of this big mess? HELP!!! Please!!!

Gene

Boot to Safe Mode, and register by phone.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AF1FFB6-B91D-4227-911D-F30A5FAB7DD8@microsoft.com...
> My motherboard failed so I had to swap it out with a new one. When I booted
> up with the new one it said I had to reactivate Windows (XP Pro). When I
> click the message to reactivate Windows a dialog box pops up that says Active
> Scripting is disabled locally which is preventing me from registering
> electronically and to fix this problem and try again. I have been searching
> Google to find out how to do that and have been unsucessful. Now my three
> days have expired and I can't get in there to mess with any settings. How
> can I get myself out of this big mess? HELP!!! Please!!!
>
> Gene

Gene

Mark,

Thanks for the idea but when I boot to safe mode and try to do that it says
that you have to run the program in regular mode. I had hoped this would
work but it didn't for me. I found some info on the net to try a repair. I
worked okay but I didn't have my original XP cd slipstreamed with SP2 so I
used one of my volume license agreement CDs from work. That was a mistake as
it basically went though the whole install again and since it was a VLA CD it
wouldn't take my OEM CD key. So now I'm using the wrong key. Yeah I can
always hack my real key in there but what a hassle this whole process is. I
have an MSDN account with pretty much everything I could want for free.
People I work with think I'm an idiot for buying real licenses when I have
access to everything for free. It sure seems that you are much better off
using unlocked copies of software than trying to follow the rules.