Golden Tee fore 2005 help wanted

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Does anybody have a scan of a manual, or can anyone send me a picture of a
green board (not red) with all the connections? I just got a board, and did
not get all of the cables.

I know that the game doesn't draw power off the Jamma connector, but I was
wondering exactly which of the two connectors on the board, J5 or J50 (or
both) do you plug into from the power supply? Also, does the hard drive get
powered directly from the power supply or the board? I am missing the cable
that goes from the 9 pin molex connector to the board, and plan on getting
one ASAP, but I want to make sure that I have everything I need.

Also, does the hard drive IDE cable go into slot 1 or 2 on the board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mjbok@yahoo.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Originally, all power came in through the JAMMA harness, and the two
"power plugs on the PCB were to 1) feed the HD and 2) feed power to the
CD player during upgrades. However, the JAMMA connector began to have
problems as the board & HD drew so much poser. IT came out with a
wiring harness "adapter", that is basically a 4 plug harness that comes
from the power supply. These plugs are just like what plugs into the
HD. The power thus no longer comes to the board from the JAMMA, but
through this harness. 2 of the power plugs plug into the spots on the
board to supply power to the board. One of the plugs is for the HD and
1 is then available for the CD as needed. You can easily make this mod
up yourself. Just watch and make sure you keep the voltages correct.
There is only ground, +5 and +12. HTH, RSDA

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Sorry if this is off topic...but I figured since you guys have played
GT2005 and I'm interested in getting one I could ask. Somebody told me
GT2005 was very difficult out of all the GT's.....Have you found GT2005
much harder then the past years?? After the guy told me that I figured
how can that be.....the levels of difficulty can be adjusted...thanks
for any input.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Hey,

Here is the link where you can buy the cables:
http://www.gatorcade.com/itsparts.html

gatorcade.com

Joe Toro wrote:
> Does anybody have a scan of a manual, or can anyone send me a picture
of a
> green board (not red) with all the connections? I just got a board,
and did
> not get all of the cables.
>
> I know that the game doesn't draw power off the Jamma connector, but
I was
> wondering exactly which of the two connectors on the board, J5 or J50
(or
> both) do you plug into from the power supply? Also, does the hard
drive get
> powered directly from the power supply or the board? I am missing
the cable
> that goes from the 9 pin molex connector to the board, and plan on
getting
> one ASAP, but I want to make sure that I have everything I need.
>
> Also, does the hard drive IDE cable go into slot 1 or 2 on the board?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> mjbok@yahoo.com

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Joe Toro" <1@2.3> wrote in message
> Does anybody have a scan of a manual, or can anyone send me a picture of a
> green board (not red) with all the connections? I just got a board, and
did
> not get all of the cables.
>
> I know that the game doesn't draw power off the Jamma connector, but I was
> wondering exactly which of the two connectors on the board, J5 or J50 (or
> both) do you plug into from the power supply? Also, does the hard drive
get
> powered directly from the power supply or the board? I am missing the
cable
> that goes from the 9 pin molex connector to the board, and plan on getting
> one ASAP, but I want to make sure that I have everything I need.
>
> Also, does the hard drive IDE cable go into slot 1 or 2 on the board?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> mjbok@yahoo.com

here is the manual
http://www.itsgames.com/Operators/products/golden_tee_fore_2005/Golden%20Tee%20Fore!%20Manual.pdf

Here is how I hooked up my GT05 (green board)

I cut the +5 and +12v jamma power wires,
I then plugged one HDD power plug into the GT mother board (It don't madder
what one of the two on the mother board you use)
I then plugged the HDD ribbon into the primary IDE (IDE-0) and powered the
drive directly from the power supply.

Hope this helps,
Dave