How do I stop a process running as the system user?

I have a program I am about 90% sure is a malware program and I want to
stop it from running. The problem is that If I try to end the process
I get an error because I don't have permission to stop a process
initiated by the system account. How do I stop a process initiated by
the system account?

"tmt" <john.toliver@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a program I am about 90% sure is a malware program and I want
> stop it from running. The problem is that If I try to end the
> process
> I get an error because I don't have permission to stop a process
> initiated by the system account. How do I stop a process initiated
> by
> the system account?

Download and use:
CW Schredder (keep a current version around at all times. I use a
thumb drive for this!)
Adaware (don't rely exclusively on this as they have fallen from the
front of the pack recently)
Spybot Search and destroy (I like it, and it can be set up to ask
about things changing the registry)
Also run Mcaffee's "Stinger" (I don't like their antivirus but this
tool works pretty good to check for the latest baddies)

Schredder and adaware should be run both in safe mode and regular
mode. Have had mixed results and it doesn't hurt to be safe.

That combo of tools should find most all your troubles.

Thank you for the help. I actually downloaded the and ran them in
regular mode. (i'll do safe mode when I get back to the office) This
question is in part because I want to remove some spyware and in part
because I need to know how to stop legitimate processes initiated by
the system that may have become unstable.

Is their any windows process or application that is designed to do this?

> Thank you for the help. I actually downloaded the and ran them in
> regular mode. (i'll do safe mode when I get back to the office)
> This
> question is in part because I want to remove some spyware and in
> part
> because I need to know how to stop legitimate processes initiated by
> the system that may have become unstable.
>
> Is their any windows process or application that is designed to do
> this?

Here's a guide that you might find interesting and very helpful:
http://www.blackviper.com/ (under "popular content")