Need Help. Zire 72 SE or Tungsten E2

August 4, 2005 6:46:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I'm trying to decide between purchasing a Zire72 Special Edition or the
Tungsten E2.

They are so close in price and features that I'm having a difficult time
deciding.

I've gone over all of the features and know about cameras and non-volital
memory,
but I really just want to know which palm is the better buy, which is best
in the
opinion of this group.

Also, is the Zire a more powerful PDA than the E2?
The processor speed of the Zire is listed as much faster than the e2's, but
since they
are different chipsets I don't know and haven't been able to find out which
is actually
more powerful.

Any comments or help would be appriciated.

TIA ~Michael

More about : zire tungsten

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 6:46:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:46:49 GMT, tripontime@mail.com spewed forth these words of
wisdom:

>I'm trying to decide between purchasing a Zire72 Special Edition or the
>Tungsten E2.
>
>They are so close in price and features that I'm having a difficult time
>deciding.
>
>I've gone over all of the features and know about cameras and non-volital
>memory,
>but I really just want to know which palm is the better buy, which is best
>in the
>opinion of this group.
>
>Also, is the Zire a more powerful PDA than the E2?
>The processor speed of the Zire is listed as much faster than the e2's, but
>since they
>are different chipsets I don't know and haven't been able to find out which
>is actually
>more powerful.
>
>Any comments or help would be appriciated.
>
>TIA ~Michael

I would go for the TE2, as it has the latest version of the OS (Garnet), and
uses the new multi-connector. Here's a nice comparison.
http://store.palmone.com/gridFamily/index.jsp?subtypeId...

Garnet has a nice feature that allows you to move a "cursor" around the screen.

Galley
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:40:01 PM

Galley <Galley@Spam-Jammer.galleytech.com> writes:

> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:46:49 GMT, tripontime@mail.com spewed forth
> these words of wisdom:
>
> >I'm trying to decide between purchasing a Zire72 Special Edition or
> >the Tungsten E2.
> >
> >They are so close in price and features that I'm having a difficult
> >time deciding. ...

> I would go for the TE2, as it has the latest version of the OS
> (Garnet), and uses the new multi-connector. Here's a nice
> comparison.
> http://store.palmone.com/gridFamily/index.jsp?subtypeId...
>
> Garnet has a nice feature that allows you to move a "cursor" around
> the screen.

I'm trying to make the same decision (after melting my Palm Vx when
trying to replace the battery -- it still works except for the power
button and the contrast control) and it seems like the Zire 72 has a
handful of features, most of which I'm not really interested in, which
the TE2 doesn't. So I'm still trying to decide.

--
Alan Stein a.stein/nospamplease/@snet.net
!