Internet not working

March 29, 2005 1:51:02 PM

hi,
I am having some trouble when I am on the internet...im am using Microsoft
Windows XP SP2 and i have a dial up connection. The problem is that every
time i go on the internet It stops responding, the icon of the two computers
on the lower right hand bottom of the screen, shows my computer sending data
but it doesnt get a respond and eventually it disconnects(I am using my
friends computer right now)...is it my modem, i already tried different ISPs
and it happens every time my modem is a "Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem",
I looked for driver updates and couldnt find any, also Windows shows that the
device is working properly...what can i do to solve the problem, please help
--
Δ � į Σ Γ

More about : internet working

March 29, 2005 3:41:05 PM

Check the available phone numbers for your Area Code. It looks like you
are dialing numbers that do not exist with your area code.

"Δ � į Σ Γ" wrote:

> hi,
> I am having some trouble when I am on the internet...im am using Microsoft
> Windows XP SP2 and i have a dial up connection. The problem is that every
> time i go on the internet It stops responding, the icon of the two computers
> on the lower right hand bottom of the screen, shows my computer sending data
> but it doesnt get a respond and eventually it disconnects(I am using my
> friends computer right now)...is it my modem, i already tried different ISPs
> and it happens every time my modem is a "Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem",
> I looked for driver updates and couldnt find any, also Windows shows that the
> device is working properly...what can i do to solve the problem, please help
> --
> Δ � į Σ Γ
March 29, 2005 3:55:02 PM

The phone numbers do exist and are in my area, any other ideas?

!