DVD/CD-ROM driver not working!!!

I recently received my new dell computer and I was experiencing some printer
problems but after I downloaded a patch for my Epson printer it is now
working fine. But now I have a second problem because my DVD/CD-ROM driver
is not working at all except for just opening and closing. When I went to
the device manager and selected DVD/CD-ROM drives it shows SAMSUNG CD-R/RW
SW-252S as my drive with an exclamation point in a yellow circle over it.
When I then clicked on the SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S it said: Windows
successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the
hardware device. (Code 41)
Whats going on???? What do I do????? please help!!!!!

Thanks,
Alicia
anormand@cox.net
1 answer Last reply
More about driver working

    Hi Alicia,

    See if this helps:

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
    or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "anormand@cox.net" <anormandcoxnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:8B4A8070-99A5-4B0C-A37E-0020A25296C4@microsoft.com...
    >I recently received my new dell computer and I was experiencing some
    >printer
    > problems but after I downloaded a patch for my Epson printer it is now
    > working fine. But now I have a second problem because my DVD/CD-ROM
    > driver
    > is not working at all except for just opening and closing. When I went to
    > the device manager and selected DVD/CD-ROM drives it shows SAMSUNG CD-R/RW
    > SW-252S as my drive with an exclamation point in a yellow circle over it.
    > When I then clicked on the SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S it said: Windows
    > successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find
    > the
    > hardware device. (Code 41)
    > Whats going on???? What do I do????? please help!!!!!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Alicia
    > anormand@cox.net

DVD CD-Rom Windows XP