VisionTek Warranty

Merlee

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2003
Just to let everyone know about changes at VisionTek. I have previously always purchased VisionTek video cards, but will no longer. Apparantly last year VisionTek was taken over by another company, and decided to no longer produce nvidia based cards. Along with that decision, they no longer honor warranty on VisionTek nvidia cards. I purchased one just in March, 2003 and it has died. I called tech support, and they indicated that VisionTek nvidia cards have no warranty, and that the best they can do is offer me a credit towards the purchase of a new ATI card. So much for lifetime warranties and customer service!

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
VisionTek no longer makes nVidia based cards? Man, that seems weird. But if they don't, and are out of nVidia stock, it would seem all they could do is offer you what they do make - an ATI card. What nVidia based card did you have and what type of ATI card are they willing to supply you with (or how much cash credit)?

I'm curious cuz I'm RMAing my Ti4200 and I'm pretty sure they'll try to replace it with a newer generation nVidia, which I'm not going to be to happy about given all the bad press regarding this FX line. Heck, I'd prolly be happier with a an ATI card.

XP 2000+
MSI KT3 ULTRA-2 KT333
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB PC2700
ABIT G4 Ti4200 OTES 64MB
Win98SE