XP Pro stops sharing

I have a workgroup with a XP pro machine acting as file/print share, with 6
machines ranging from W98 SE to Windows XP Pro connecting to this main
machine. After a random amount of time workgroup machines are unable to
access shares on the main machine, although if you logon to the main machine
you can still access the network from the machine. If I reboot the machine
the shares are once again available. I have changed the network card with
no result.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

TIA

Gibson.
1 answer Last reply
More about stops sharing

    How to troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity with Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314067

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "gibson" <dontmail@me.com> wrote in message news:d2cf7q$s9a$1@titan.btinternet.com...
    >I have a workgroup with a XP pro machine acting as file/print share, with 6 machines ranging from W98 SE to Windows XP Pro
    >connecting to this main machine. After a random amount of time workgroup machines are unable to access shares on the main machine,
    >although if you logon to the main machine you can still access the network from the machine. If I reboot the machine the shares are
    >once again available. I have changed the network card with no result.
    >
    > Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Gibson.

Support Microsoft Windows XP