Dad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2005
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I picked up a Make trax board off ePay to attempt to move the multi-pac on
my Make trax with no sound work, and to my surprise, when I got it, I
plugged it in, and it has Ms Pac Roms on it..so I guess it is essentially a
Ms Pac man now?

Anyway, Ms is going really fast, and I wonder if anyone is familiar with
this conversion, and whether I can affect the speed with dip switches, or if
I need to replace a rom..

I searched for info on this type of conversion, but came up with nothing
relevant, any help out there?

Thanks!

"DaD" <tabby238N@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> I picked up a Make trax board off ePay to attempt to move the multi-pac on
> my Make trax with no sound work, and to my surprise, when I got it, I
> plugged it in, and it has Ms Pac Roms on it..so I guess it is essentially
> Ms Pac man now?
>
> Anyway, Ms is going really fast, and I wonder if anyone is familiar with
> this conversion, and whether I can affect the speed with dip switches, or
if
> I need to replace a rom..
>
> I searched for info on this type of conversion, but came up with nothing
> relevant, any help out there?

Did you just buy it? I noticed the other day there was a tested working
make trax pcb on ebay and I could tell from the pic it had ms pacman roms on
it. Needless to say I didn't bid on it since he certainly appeared to be
lying about the tested part..

A make trax board is extremely similar to a pacman board. You need to
remove the speedup chip at 6f and replace with a normal 6f same as if it
was a pacman board. You use the same bootleg Pac roms as you would on a 6
rom ms Pac hack. You need to use 2732's instead of 2532's though. The
problems you will have is IIrc difficulty, test and table are hardwired, to
change them you will likely have to cut traces or run jumpers.

Dave

---

Dad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2005
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Thanks for the response!
The seller offered me a refund, but since I got what I wanted, it isn't a
problem..
Now I do have another make trax with Ms Pac roms, but it keeps resetting..
I wanted the Make Trax for a Mutli Pac, and after I swapped all the stuff
over to this board, it works fine..
Maybe I will play with the bad one to see if I can get it running as well.

Thanks for the answer about the ROM, I guess it is time I bought an Eprom
burner..

Chris
"D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message

> "DaD" <tabby238N@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I picked up a Make trax board off ePay to attempt to move the multi-pac
>> on
>> my Make trax with no sound work, and to my surprise, when I got it, I
>> plugged it in, and it has Ms Pac Roms on it..so I guess it is essentially
>> Ms Pac man now?
>>
>> Anyway, Ms is going really fast, and I wonder if anyone is familiar with
>> this conversion, and whether I can affect the speed with dip switches, or
> if
>> I need to replace a rom..
>>
>> I searched for info on this type of conversion, but came up with nothing
>> relevant, any help out there?
>

> Did you just buy it? I noticed the other day there was a tested working
> make trax pcb on ebay and I could tell from the pic it had ms pacman roms
> on
> it. Needless to say I didn't bid on it since he certainly appeared to be
> lying about the tested part..
>
> A make trax board is extremely similar to a pacman board. You need to
> remove the speedup chip at 6f and replace with a normal 6f same as if it
> was a pacman board. You use the same bootleg Pac roms as you would on a 6
> rom ms Pac hack. You need to use 2732's instead of 2532's though. The
> problems you will have is IIrc difficulty, test and table are hardwired,
> change them you will likely have to cut traces or run jumpers.
>

> Dave
>

> ---

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I was that seller, and I was not lying about the board being tested. I
just forgot which game it was.

David Countryman

Dad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2005
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I can testify, it did work fine on arrival, and does so still, with some
extras..
I am happy with the purchase.
"david.countryman" <davidc@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I was that seller, and I was not lying about the board being tested. I
> just forgot which game it was.
>
> David Countryman

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

"david.countryman" <davidc@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I was that seller, and I was not lying about the board being tested. I
> just forgot which game it was.
>
> David Countryman

Ok, sorry didn't notice it was you. I would probably have bid on it.

Dave

---