New Game (again)

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2004 1:23:27 PM

After some speels with Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Werder Bremen, Borussia
Dortmund, Nottingham Forest, etc, I can now start an own club creation
correctly patched, as Metrostars was before 5.0.2..

London Palmeiras Football Club (Palmeiras FC) was born at South Conference.
Chairman:
The old Ken Bates is back in action.
General Director:
José Carlos Brunoro, the man that has articulated S.E. Palmeiras
partnership with Italian Parmalat in the 90's.
Manager:
The very know Brazilian Man, Eduardo Liguori.
Assistant Manager:
Oswaldo de Oliveira, very known brazilian manager that amazingly was at
Vitoria working as Ass. Man.
Coaches:
Valdir Joaquim de Moraes (Keeper coach), former S.E. Palmeiras keeper,
brings lots of experience. Valdir have coached the likes of Zetti, Velloso
and Marcos.
Paulo Paixão, former Brazil coach, that was at Internacional, come to
introduce high levels for Palmeiras FC youngsters.
Antonio Carlos Pracidelli, from S.E. Palmeiras to add deep knowledge to
Palmeiras FC first team.
Moracy Sant'Ana, from Brazil staff, Moracy will handle the fitness
training on Palmeiras FC.
to complete the staff Ronnie Hellström and Oleg Kuznetsov.
Physios:
Renato Moreira Lotufo and José Luís Runco will rule first teamers.
Dan Lindgren with keepers and Nicky Reid with reserves.

Palmeiras FC is supported by Pirelli sponsorship and have started its life
with the great balance of £200M. Pirelli will be stamped on The Academy
kits for the next 10 years, subject to extension.

To start its home matches, London Palmeiras has rented Brisbane Road
Stadium for two years, and have made a future offer to London based
Arsenal to move to Highbury as soon the Gunners move to Emirates Stadium
in July 2006.

Eduardo Liguori went to the market July 2004 and have build the following
squad:

GK Marco Ambrosio (ITA)/Alan Blayney (NIR)/Lenny Pidgeley (ENG) on loan
from Chelsea
DR Maurice Ross (SCO)/Oleg Luzhnyi (UKR)
DL Gary Croft (ENG)/Janne Hietanen (FIN)
DC Isaac Okoronkwo (NGA)/Jussi Nuorela (FIN)
DC Martin Djetou (FRA)/Nestor Fernando Martinez (GUA)
DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)/Freddy Guarin (COL)/Keith Andrews (IRL)
AMR Lado Burduli (GEO)/Mario Rafael Rodriguez (GUA)/Pierluigi Orlandini
(ITA)
M/AMC Gonzalo Antonio Romero (GUA)/Richard Langley (JAM)/Kem Izzet (TUR)
FC Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
SC Rob Hulse (ENG)/Jose Manuel Mendoza (GUA)/Federico Magallanes (URU)/Sam
Parkin (ENG)
AML Titi Camara (GUI)

With above 26 players, Liguori trust promotion won't be a problem.

--
The Brazilian Man

More about : game

December 29, 2004 4:25:28 PM

"The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
news:o psjrrddwexjeech@eduardo.mshome.net...

<snip>
[...]

Right i am very sorry but we get these stories all the time on here about
how they make their own teams and have 200million, that makes the game far
too easy, sure i could take hinckley from conference to champions league in
5 seasons if i had 200million.
But really have you tried to play the game honestly?
Why do you give them that much money, why dont you just make the team,
forget the coaches and staff and no players and try and win the real way by
getting good free players,
a good Football Manager can spot real talent by looking through stats not by
being given 200million to spend on whichever fancy name he chooses
And i also bet you've given them the reputation of real madrid.
Dont you feel like its boring cheating?
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 4:25:29 PM

Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:25:28 +0000 (UTC), Gareth <gareth47@btinternet.com>
escreveu:

your judgement belongs to yr conscience
I have fun the way I play, and definetively I'm honest.

cheers

--
The Brazilian Man
December 29, 2004 4:25:29 PM

Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:25:28 +0000 (UTC), Gareth <gareth47@btinternet.com>
escreveu:

btw forget to mention after yr question that rep was set to 4,000
and I feel very confortable with a "regional" rep, when starting from
bottom, but highly supported as my 'scenario' demonstrates.
Why not a rich chairman and a multinational company cannot invest such
ammount in a new club at bottom of pyramid, if Roman can split it into any
face?

I'm not, and never caller myself a LLM, so no offence on develop my ideal
scenario.

Have spent only £5,5M on signings, will play at Brisbane Road, sure the
£200M is much, but if I run as I intend too, mostly will be saved.

Despite not approving my game, keep your eyes open on further news and you
might realise it's not a cheat contest.

rgds

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Gareth wrote:
> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> news:o psjrrddwexjeech@eduardo.mshome.net...
>
> <snip>
> After some speels with Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Werder Bremen,
> Borussia Dortmund, Nottingham Forest, etc, I can now start an own
> club creation correctly patched, as Metrostars was before 5.0.2..
>
> London Palmeiras Football Club (Palmeiras FC) was born at South
> Conference.
>

> Palmeiras FC is supported by Pirelli sponsorship and have started its
> life with the great balance of £200M. Pirelli will be stamped on The
> Academy kits for the next 10 years, subject to extension.
>
> To start its home matches, London Palmeiras has rented Brisbane Road
> Stadium for two years, and have made a future offer to London based
> Arsenal to move to Highbury as soon the Gunners move to Emirates
> Stadium in July 2006.
>
> With above 26 players, Liguori trust promotion won't be a problem.

Edu is not a cheat, he enjoys playing this way. He's a Chelsea fan and
likes to try to take the Roman scenario a step further and see if he can
take a club from the bottom to the top.

And he does play the game "normally" as well, he and I have a Forest
challenge going at the moment as well.

After all it's only a game, we would be justified in calling anyone a cheat
that used the editor and then bragged about their accomplishments, if they
never made it clear they'd used the editor, Edu makes it blatantly clear
he's created a club, but he doesn't edit any player or staff stats and
starts with no staff or players.

Each to their own and all that. You have fun playing your way and Edu will
continue to have fun his,

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers
Anonymous

Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:56:17 -0000, Hamish <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom>
escreveu:

> Gareth wrote:
>> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>> news:o psjrrddwexjeech@eduardo.mshome.net...
>>
>> <snip>
>> After some speels with Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Werder Bremen,
>> Borussia Dortmund, Nottingham Forest, etc, I can now start an own
>> club creation correctly patched, as Metrostars was before 5.0.2..
>>
>> London Palmeiras Football Club (Palmeiras FC) was born at South
>> Conference.
>>

>> Palmeiras FC is supported by Pirelli sponsorship and have started its
>> life with the great balance of £200M. Pirelli will be stamped on The
>> Academy kits for the next 10 years, subject to extension.
>>
>> To start its home matches, London Palmeiras has rented Brisbane Road
>> Stadium for two years, and have made a future offer to London based
>> Arsenal to move to Highbury as soon the Gunners move to Emirates
>> Stadium in July 2006.
>>
>> With above 26 players, Liguori trust promotion won't be a problem.
>
> Edu is not a cheat, he enjoys playing this way. He's a Chelsea fan and
> likes to try to take the Roman scenario a step further and see if he can
> take a club from the bottom to the top.
>
> And he does play the game "normally" as well, he and I have a Forest
> challenge going at the moment as well.
>
> After all it's only a game, we would be justified in calling anyone a
> cheat
> that used the editor and then bragged about their accomplishments, if
> they
> never made it clear they'd used the editor, Edu makes it blatantly clear
> he's created a club, but he doesn't edit any player or staff stats and
> starts with no staff or players.
>
> Each to their own and all that. You have fun playing your way and Edu
> will
> continue to have fun his,
>
> Cheers
>
> Hamish

we know in deep what Forest give us back! :-D

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:23:27 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>to complete the staff Ronnie Hellstr?m and Oleg Kuznetsov.

Kuznetsov :-) Cool.

-Nick
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 8:34:28 PM

Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:34:27 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
escreveu:

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:23:27 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>

>> to complete the staff Ronnie Hellstr?m and Oleg Kuznetsov.
>
> Kuznetsov :-) Cool.
>
> -Nick

may I ask why?

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:37:17 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:34:27 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
>escreveu:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:23:27 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
>> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>

>>> to complete the staff Ronnie Hellstr?m and Oleg Kuznetsov.
>>
>> Kuznetsov :-) Cool.
>>
>> -Nick
>
>may I ask why?

I remember him as a player and hadn't heard his name for a long time.

-Nick
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 8:38:17 PM

Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:38:16 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
escreveu:

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:37:17 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:34:27 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
>> escreveu:

>>> Kuznetsov :-) Cool.
>>>
>>> -Nick
>>
>> may I ask why?
>
> I remember him as a player and hadn't heard his name for a long time.
>
> -Nick

The Brazilian Man
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 11:45:46 AM

Em Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:23:27 -0200, The Brazilian Man
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> After some speels with Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Werder Bremen, Borussia
> Dortmund, Nottingham Forest, etc, I can now start an own club creation
> correctly patched, as Metrostars was before 5.0.2..
>
> London Palmeiras Football Club (Palmeiras FC) was born at South
> Conference.
> Chairman:
> The old Ken Bates is back in action.
> General Director:
> José Carlos Brunoro, the man that has articulated S.E. Palmeiras
> partnership with Italian Parmalat in the 90's.
> Manager:
> The very know Brazilian Man, Eduardo Liguori.
> Assistant Manager:
> Oswaldo de Oliveira, very known brazilian manager that amazingly was at
> Vitoria working as Ass. Man.
> Coaches:
> Valdir Joaquim de Moraes (Keeper coach), former S.E. Palmeiras keeper,
> brings lots of experience. Valdir have coached the likes of Zetti,
> Velloso and Marcos.
> Paulo Paixão, former Brazil coach, that was at Internacional, come to
> introduce high levels for Palmeiras FC youngsters.
> Antonio Carlos Pracidelli, from S.E. Palmeiras to add deep knowledge to
> Palmeiras FC first team.
> Moracy Sant'Ana, from Brazil staff, Moracy will handle the fitness
> training on Palmeiras FC.
> to complete the staff Ronnie Hellström and Oleg Kuznetsov.
> Physios:
> Renato Moreira Lotufo and José Luís Runco will rule first teamers.
> Dan Lindgren with keepers and Nicky Reid with reserves.
>
> Palmeiras FC is supported by Pirelli sponsorship and have started its
> life with the great balance of £200M. Pirelli will be stamped on The
> Academy kits for the next 10 years, subject to extension.
>
> To start its home matches, London Palmeiras has rented Brisbane Road
> Stadium for two years, and have made a future offer to London based
> Arsenal to move to Highbury as soon the Gunners move to Emirates Stadium
> in July 2006.
>
> Eduardo Liguori went to the market July 2004 and have build the
> following squad:
>
> GK Marco Ambrosio (ITA)/Alan Blayney (NIR)/Lenny Pidgeley (ENG) on loan
> from Chelsea
> DR Maurice Ross (SCO)/Oleg Luzhnyi (UKR)
> DL Gary Croft (ENG)/Janne Hietanen (FIN)
> DC Isaac Okoronkwo (NGA)/Jussi Nuorela (FIN)
> DC Martin Djetou (FRA)/Nestor Fernando Martinez (GUA)
> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)/Freddy Guarin (COL)/Keith Andrews (IRL)
> AMR Lado Burduli (GEO)/Mario Rafael Rodriguez (GUA)/Pierluigi Orlandini
> (ITA)
> M/AMC Gonzalo Antonio Romero (GUA)/Richard Langley (JAM)/Kem Izzet (TUR)
> FC Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
> SC Rob Hulse (ENG)/Jose Manuel Mendoza (GUA)/Federico Magallanes
> (URU)/Sam Parkin (ENG)
> AML Titi Camara (GUI)
>
> With above 26 players, Liguori trust promotion won't be a problem.

first 4 games, 4 easy wins, as I expected, the fun will come within two
seasons.
Pezz and Hulse are scoring a bunch against the amateur sides.

haven't played much as took time with my dial-up conection to start an
online Serie A game with Hamish and Rich yesterday night. Me as Parma,
Hamish with Fiorentina and Rich with Palermo.
As someone can see, we do play default games too. :-)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

We've won the South Conference with easy. (as predicted)
Have also clinched FA Trophy.

Unbeaten with 38 wins and 4 draws.
Only lost a game at FA Cup.

Titi Camara was the best player with 31 assists,
8,47 (47 games) 9 MOM
Rob Hulse was the top scorer with 39 goals (29 league goals)
36 games without loosing.
17 won in a row.
1191 avg attendance
Best players also to be mentioned:
Blayney for his decent cup performances
Okoronkwo with his 40 league games.
Guarin and his amazing long shot, scored more than a dozen goals from
distance!
Langley that produced great performances, but lacks stamina to rule the
game.
Pezzarossi that alongside Hulse scored a bunch.

SQUAD CHANGES:

GK Marco Ambrosio (ITA)- sold after end of season
GK Alan Blayney (NIR)- will keep as second keeper
GK Lenny Pidgeley (ENG) on loan from Chelsea - loan ended, returned to
Chelsea
*GK GRAHAM STACK - signed as first keeper
DR Maurice Ross (SCO)
DR Oleg Luzhnyi (UKR) - could not retain him as FA have not allowed me to
extend his contract due no WP.
DL Gary Croft (ENG)
DL Janne Hietanen (FIN)
DC Isaac Okoronkwo (NGA)
DC Jussi Nuorela (FIN)
*DC IAN MURRAY - signed to replace Djetou.
DC Martin Djetou (FRA) - was transfer listed after end of season
DC Nestor Fernando Martinez (GUA) - is being trained to act as full back
to replace Luzhnyi departure
DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
DMC Freddy Guarin (COL)
DMC Keith Andrews (IRL) - transfer listed, do not accept to be third choice
AMR Lado Burduli (GEO)
AMR Mario Rafael Rodriguez (GUA)
AMR Pierluigi Orlandini (ITA) - was sold after end of season
AMC Gonzalo Antonio Romero (GUA) - was sold after end of season
MC Richard Langley (JAM)
MC Kem Izzet (TUR)
*AMLC BOJAN DJORDJIC - signed to replace Romero
FC Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
SC Rob Hulse (ENG)
SC Jose Manuel Mendoza (GUA)- moved to reserves
SC Sam Parkin (ENG)
SC Federico Magallanes (URU) - was transfer listed after end of season
*SC NEIL MELLOR - will join in October to replace Magallanes.
AML Titi Camara (GUI)
*AML MARK KENNEDY - signed to rotate with Camara

with above team and a loaned 3rd keeper, hope to clinch National
Conference title.

FINANCES: have spent only £5,7M on players first seaon. And less than £2M
this season.

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:57:44 -0200, The Brazilian Man
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> SQUAD UPDATE:
>
> GK Alan Blayney (NIR)
> GK GRAHAM STACK (ENG)
> DR Maurice Ross (SCO)
> DL Gary Croft (ENG)
> DL Janne Hietanen (FIN)
> DC Isaac Okoronkwo (NGA)
> DC Jussi Nuorela (FIN)
> DC IAN MURRAY (SCO)
> DRC Nestor Fernando Martinez (GUA)DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
> DMC Freddy Guarin (COL)
> DMC Keith Andrews (IRL)AMR Lado Burduli (GEO)
> AMR Mario Rafael Rodriguez (GUA)
> MC Richard Langley (JAM)
> MC Kem Izzet (TUR)
> AMLC BOJAN DJORDJIC (SCG)
> FC Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
> SC Rob Hulse (ENG)
> SC Jose Manuel Mendoza (GUA)
> SC Sam Parkin (ENG)
> SC Federico Magallanes (URU)SC NEIL MELLOR (ENG)
> AML Titi Camara (GUI)
> AML MARK KENNEDY (IRL)

with the above we have won 10 and draw 1 game this season so far.
it seems League 2 will be easy to achieve.

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

from BBC:

"Palmeiras FC continues its escalade to top divisions."

"Controversial Academy chairman, Ken Bates, gives us his impressions on
the new London club fortunes."

"When he have started this project, we knew the first steps would be not
so harsh, as we could count with the great partnership of Pirelli Inc.,
however we are delighted with the club performances lately.
First we have swept South Conference and FA Trophy with a squad full of
players that could suffer the adaptation of living in a new country. Only
one loss in a season was a major achievement.
Then we thought that with the new players that came to The Academy, the
National Conference would not be so hard, and you all can see that with
yet 8 matches to play we're with the title on hands, as nobody can reach
us with actual 21 points difference.
But, Liguori made an enormous work taking Palmeiras to FA Cup 6th round,
this was a surprise, we never felt we could go so far. We felt the loss to
Norwich, but the Canaries are a great club and surely seats at a higher
level then us at the moment.
Anyway, being at the last 8 contenders was a great honour to us.
We will continue our work to reach the higher divisions, and hopefully
after our move to Highbury at next July (2006), we will be able to attract
more new fans, as I see this as the major problem to build this franchise.
Palmeiras still lacks a great fan base.
Our biggest crowd was against Boston Utd at FA Cup 3rd rd, with nearly
5,000 fans, but we have being averaging less than 2,000 fans at our home
matches despite all our success.
Our Marketing Dept. is in charge to develop a strong campaign, and
hopefully Palmeiras FC will build a great fans community.
For the League 2, we might bring few new players, and keep the grip, but
you know it's always a big step when you get promoted.
Liguori has our full support, and the players will be rewarded due their
great attitude."

SQUAD UPDATE:

GK GRAHAM STACK (IRL)
GK Alan Blayney (NIR)
GK Lenny Pidgeley (ENG)
DR MAURICE ROSS (SCO)
DR Israel da Silva (BRA)
DL JON HARLEY (ENG)
DL Gary Croft (ENG)
DC ISAAC OKORONKWO (NGA)
DC IAN MURRAY (SCO)
DC Nestor Fernando Martinez (GUA)
DC Lewis Buxton (ENG)
DMC FREDDY GUARIN (COL)
DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
AMR MARIO RAFAEL RODRIGUEZ (GUA)
AMR Lado Burduli (GEO)
MC RICHARD LANGLEY (JAM)
MC Kem Izzet (TUR)
SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
SC Rob Hulse (ENG)
SC NEIL MELLOR (ENG)
FC Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
AML TITI CAMARA (GUI)
AML Mark Kennedy (IRL)(injured)
AML Bojan Djordjic (SWE)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> from BBC:
>
> "Palmeiras FC continues its escalade to top divisions."
>
> "Controversial Academy chairman, Ken Bates, gives us his impressions
> on the new London club fortunes."
>
> "When he have started this project, we knew the first steps would be
> not so harsh, as we could count with the great partnership of Pirelli
> Inc., however we are delighted with the club performances lately.
> First we have swept South Conference and FA Trophy with a squad full
> of players that could suffer the adaptation of living in a new
> country. Only one loss in a season was a major achievement.
> Then we thought that with the new players that came to The Academy,
> the National Conference would not be so hard, and you all can see
> that with yet 8 matches to play we're with the title on hands, as
> nobody can reach us with actual 21 points difference.
> But, Liguori made an enormous work taking Palmeiras to FA Cup 6th
> round, this was a surprise, we never felt we could go so far. We felt
> the loss to Norwich, but the Canaries are a great club and surely
> seats at a higher level then us at the moment.

Did the fans or Chairman make any mention of your cup run in the game, as I
thought it was something they were going to add to the game?

> SQUAD UPDATE:
>

> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)

Is he as good as he was on CM03/04 ?

> SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)

Keep Sam Parkin he can score goals in the Premiership aswell as the lower
leagues (He was my leading goalscorer in my Spurs All English Side, until
Defoe scored a hat-trick in the final game of the season.)

See if you can sign Lionel Morgan (AML English ~22 years old) he should have
recovered from his 2 year injury now, he's still as good as he was in
CM03/04

--
Michael Murray
Anonymous

> Did the fans or Chairman make any mention of your cup run in the game,
> as I
> thought it was something they were going to add to the game?

no comments at all :-(

>> SQUAD UPDATE:
>>

>> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
>
> Is he as good as he was on CM03/04 ?

even better

>> SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
>
> Keep Sam Parkin he can score goals in the Premiership aswell as the lower
> leagues (He was my leading goalscorer in my Spurs All English Side, until
> Defoe scored a hat-trick in the final game of the season.)
>
> See if you can sign Lionel Morgan (AML English ~22 years old) he should
> have
> recovered from his 2 year injury now, he's still as good as he was in
> CM03/04

Sam was a reserve and Hulse was my top scorer alongside Pezzarossi, but
after the Hulse injury, Sam started to score a goal per game avg., so I
kept him. After the arrival of Mellor, slowly Pezz was droped, and both
are doing great!

will try Morgan as Titi will be released at end of season (getting old),
and despite Djordjic being very well lately, Kennedy has just come back
from a long term injury, so an additional AML will be needed.

Tks for the hint.

the only signing I'm thinking is an AMC, but only if a great player is
available, and it's hard to attract one at League 2. I've Langley (MRC)
doing fine and Kem Izzet (MC) as a good back-up, but I would like to have
a compatible "Lampard" :-)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Did the fans or Chairman make any mention of your cup run in the
>> game, as I
>> thought it was something they were going to add to the game?
>
> no comments at all :-(

It looks like they still only care if you win the cup (and sometimes they
don't even care, especialy if you are Chelsea or Man Ud only the league and
UCL matter)

>>> SQUAD UPDATE:
>>>

>>> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
>>
>> Is he as good as he was on CM03/04 ?
>
> even better

I'll have to give him a try then, when a start a non-english/AGCM game :-)

>>> SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
>>
>> Keep Sam Parkin he can score goals in the Premiership aswell as the
>> lower leagues (He was my leading goalscorer in my Spurs All English
>> Side, until Defoe scored a hat-trick in the final game of the
>> season.) See if you can sign Lionel Morgan (AML English ~22 years old) he
>> should have
>> recovered from his 2 year injury now, he's still as good as he was in
>> CM03/04
>>

> Sam was a reserve and Hulse was my top scorer alongside Pezzarossi,
> but after the Hulse injury, Sam started to score a goal per game
> avg., so I kept him. After the arrival of Mellor, slowly Pezz was
> droped, and both are doing great!

That's what happened to me Ellington was injured so Parkin came in and was
averaging 2 goals a game.

> will try Morgan as Titi will be released at end of season (getting
> old), and despite Djordjic being very well lately, Kennedy has just
> come back from a long term injury, so an additional AML will be
> needed.
> Tks for the hint.
>
> the only signing I'm thinking is an AMC, but only if a great player is
> available, and it's hard to attract one at League 2. I've Langley
> (MRC) doing fine and Kem Izzet (MC) as a good back-up, but I would
> like to have a compatible "Lampard" :-)

Jermaine Jenas and Keiron Dyer from Newcastle might be on free's (or
unprotected) Nigel Reo-Coker from West Ham is good, Victor Hugo Azistabel
(colombian AMC) might still be around was a legend for my Celtic team in
CM01/02.

--
Michael Murray
Anonymous

> Jermaine Jenas and Keiron Dyer from Newcastle might be on free's (or
> unprotected) Nigel Reo-Coker from West Ham is good, Victor Hugo Azistabel
> (colombian AMC) might still be around was a legend for my Celtic team in
> CM01/02.

don't think both could br interested on a League 2 club, however...
Coker is an MLC, and I've already Foley-Sheridan coming from reserves in
good form when requested.
Ari is a SC IRL, been playing in Brazil last 6 years.

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Michael Murray wrote:
> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>>from BBC:
>>
>>"Palmeiras FC continues its escalade to top divisions."
>>
>>"Controversial Academy chairman, Ken Bates, gives us his impressions
>>on the new London club fortunes."
>>
>>"When he have started this project, we knew the first steps would be
>>not so harsh, as we could count with the great partnership of Pirelli
>>Inc., however we are delighted with the club performances lately.
>>First we have swept South Conference and FA Trophy with a squad full
>>of players that could suffer the adaptation of living in a new
>>country. Only one loss in a season was a major achievement.
>>Then we thought that with the new players that came to The Academy,
>>the National Conference would not be so hard, and you all can see
>>that with yet 8 matches to play we're with the title on hands, as
>>nobody can reach us with actual 21 points difference.
>>But, Liguori made an enormous work taking Palmeiras to FA Cup 6th
>>round, this was a surprise, we never felt we could go so far. We felt
>>the loss to Norwich, but the Canaries are a great club and surely
>>seats at a higher level then us at the moment.
>

> Did the fans or Chairman make any mention of your cup run in the game, as I
> thought it was something they were going to add to the game?
>

>>SQUAD UPDATE:
>>

>>DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
>

> Is he as good as he was on CM03/04 ?
>

>>SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
>

> Keep Sam Parkin he can score goals in the Premiership aswell as the lower
> leagues (He was my leading goalscorer in my Spurs All English Side, until
> Defoe scored a hat-trick in the final game of the season.)
>
> See if you can sign Lionel Morgan (AML English ~22 years old) he should have
> recovered from his 2 year injury now, he's still as good as he was in
> CM03/04

Parkin was at Chelsea - played a couple of matches if that

--

"The first time you face up to a googly you're going to be in trouble if
you've never faced one before" - Trevor Bailey

Em Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:54:29 +0000, Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Michael Murray wrote:
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>
>>> from BBC:
>>>
>>> "Palmeiras FC continues its escalade to top divisions."
>>>
>>> "Controversial Academy chairman, Ken Bates, gives us his impressions
>>> on the new London club fortunes."
>>>
>>> "When he have started this project, we knew the first steps would be
>>> not so harsh, as we could count with the great partnership of Pirelli
>>> Inc., however we are delighted with the club performances lately.
>>> First we have swept South Conference and FA Trophy with a squad full
>>> of players that could suffer the adaptation of living in a new
>>> country. Only one loss in a season was a major achievement.
>>> Then we thought that with the new players that came to The Academy,
>>> the National Conference would not be so hard, and you all can see
>>> that with yet 8 matches to play we're with the title on hands, as
>>> nobody can reach us with actual 21 points difference.
>>> But, Liguori made an enormous work taking Palmeiras to FA Cup 6th
>>> round, this was a surprise, we never felt we could go so far. We felt
>>> the loss to Norwich, but the Canaries are a great club and surely
>>> seats at a higher level then us at the moment.
>> Did the fans or Chairman make any mention of your cup run in the
>> game, as I thought it was something they were going to add to the game?
>>

>>> SQUAD UPDATE:
>>>

>>> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
>> Is he as good as he was on CM03/04 ?
>>
>>> SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
>> Keep Sam Parkin he can score goals in the Premiership aswell as the
>> lower leagues (He was my leading goalscorer in my Spurs All English
>> Side, until Defoe scored a hat-trick in the final game of the season.)
>> See if you can sign Lionel Morgan (AML English ~22 years old) he
>> should have recovered from his 2 year injury now, he's still as good as
>> he was in CM03/04
>>

> Parkin was at Chelsea - played a couple of matches if that

so Jon Harley, I've always tried to attract former Chelsea players, don't
forget Bates is our chairman :-)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:14:41 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>DMC FREDDY GUARIN (COL)

Freddy Guarin is a god in FM2005. He absolutely rules the DMC position
and occasionally scores.

-Nick
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 6:11:53 PM

Em Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:11:52 +0200, Nick the Greek <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr>
escreveu:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:14:41 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>

>> DMC FREDDY GUARIN (COL)
>
> Freddy Guarin is a god in FM2005. He absolutely rules the DMC position
> and occasionally scores.
>
> -Nick

He is my best player so far, not only has impressive consistency as scores
a bunch from distance.
Unhappily he was injured for 4 weeks as I could not have him against
Norwich FA Cup 6th round clash.
He is set as £20M and not available for transfer. :-)
With his age, I need him to have a long permanence at The Academy.

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Palmeiras FC do The Double again:

We are very proud of our achievements, and hopeful of a great League 2
performance.

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=honours8mp.j...

That's the National Conference Table:

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=table9qu.jpg

check the players stats:

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=players1dx.j...

Here The Academy recors:

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=records0mz.j...

*avg attendance in 2005/2006 1,905

Palmeiras FC U18 won the group

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=u18table9uv....

check the players stats:

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=u18players8j...

Manager stats:

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=profile2pt.j...

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=manager5ul.j...

Game stats:

http://img58.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img58&image=game1bh.jpg

we are at May 30th, 2006

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:40:57 -0200, The Brazilian Man
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

Palmeiras FC

Financial report:

2004/2005
Revenues: £ 5,893,273
Expenses: £ 30,320,937
Profit: (£ 24,427,664)
Players bought: (£ 5,500,000)
Dividends: (£ 9,000,000)
Gross profit: (£ 9,927,664)

2005/2006
Revenues: £ 7,490,616 = + 27%
Expenses: £ 33,947,355 = + 12%
Profit: (£ 26,456,739)= + 8%
Players bought: (£ 3,400,000) = - 38%
Dividends: (£ 10,000,000) = + 11%
Gross profit: (£ 13,056,739) = + 32%

We do hope that with our expected move to Highbury, more fans will come
and we will revert this losses.

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Palmeiras FC is ready for League 2!

Few signings and the move to Highbury are The Academy bets on a new
successful season.

In an interview to TeamTalk Football, Eduardo Liguori explained the recent
moves to clinch another promotion:

"After all our great results on the amateur leagues, we have invested
heavily on the new stadium.
With the Gunners departure, Highbury was the best location to allow
Palmeiras FC continue its growth.
We truly believe more fans will be attracted with the great facilities of
such historical stadium.
Due to our commercial obligations, Highbury will be called during the next
10 years as Pirelli Stadium.

http://img16.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img16&image=stadium0pa.j...

Next month you will notice the location will be painted on new colours,
this is to reflect our sponsors efforts and the new ownership by Palmeiras
FC.

http://img16.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img16&image=info7tp.jpg

We take this opportunity to thanks Leyton Orient board for their helpful
cooperation last two seasons, and wish The O's will have a great success
at The Matchroom stadium.
About the squad we thought we had enough quality to face League 2
challenges, however with some WP problems on renewing few contracts we
have signed some new great names that will add the depth we want to our
squad. The arrival of Phil Jagielka and Stephen McPhail will cover the
departure of Rodriguez that asked us to move out and Martinez that could
not have his contract extended.
Besides that The Academy have produced some good players, and this youth
potential will need chances at first team to improve, so we will keep the
main squad small and slowly allow our youth players to play few games. To
name some Steven Foley-Sheridan, Ian Byrne and John Spicer might be used..

http://img16.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img16&image=squad4ea.jpg

And at last but not least we must honour the departure of great Titi
Camara, he was superb with our shirts and Titi deserves all recognition
for his work done at Brisbane Road.
That's it, we hope the londoners will be proud of the achievements of
their new club."

http://img16.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img16&image=report6tn.jp...

SQUAD UPDATE:

GK GRAHAM STACK (IRL)
GK Alan Blayney (NIR)
GK Lenny Pidgeley (ENG)
DR MAURICE ROSS (SCO)
DR Israel da Silva (BRA)
DL JON HARLEY (ENG)
DL Gary Croft (ENG)
DC ISAAC OKORONKWO (NGA)
DC IAN MURRAY (SCO)
DRC Phil Jagielka (ENG)
DC Lewis Buxton (ENG)
DMC FREDDY GUARIN (COL)
DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
AMR LADO BURDULI (GEO)
MRC RICHARD LANGLEY (JAM)
MLC Stephen McPhail (IRL)
MLC Steven Foley-Sheridan (IRL)
MC Kem Izzet (TUR)
SC ROB HULSE (ENG)
SC Neil Mellor (ENG)
SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
FC Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
AML BOJAN DJORDJIC (SWE)
AML Mark Kennedy (IRL)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Palmeiras FC is ready for League 2!
>
> Few signings and the move to Highbury are The Academy bets on a new
> successful season.

This must be a new record for you Edu, well since the glory days of Parma
;-).

Squads looking good, may you continue to move upwards :-)

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers
Anonymous

Em Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:02:15 +0800, The Wielder of the Scythe
<scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>> http://img16.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img16&image=info7tp.jpg
>
> Are those customised pngs for the strips?

nope, downloaded from a site

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Memorandum:

From: José Carlos Brunoro
To: Ken Bates
C.c.: Eduardo Liguori

Subject: Ground attendances

Dear Mr. Bates

.....after benchmarking other London based clubs and apply a public
research, our dept. have concluded that to attract more fans we need to
sign big names...
.....other actions were taken by this dept., however the effect was not so
big as espected, so we deep recomend the above.

brgds
JCB

***

From: Ken Bates
To: Eduardo Liguori
C.c.: J. C. Brunoro

Eduardo,

I've received clear indication from our Marketing Dept. that you should
sign some big names to accomplish our target of increasing our
attendances. You know money is not a problem at this level, but we
straight recommend you save the most you can.
Pls reply your planns immediatelly.

rgds
Bates

***

From: Eduardo Liguori
To: Mr. Ken Bates
C.c.: JCB

Dear Mr. Bates,

Have studied our options and propose the following:

a) Kennedy just told me he wants to retire at Jan 19th, 2007. We will
search another left winger to pair with Djordjic.
b) Niel Mellor despite been a great young asset can be loaned out this
season and be replaced by a big name striker, what we are immediatelly
searching.
c) Croft has been reported as a target by Cardiff, the veteran can be
easily sold, so we will search another left full back.
d) We are missing decent coverture for Burduli, so I will relocate Dwight
at right wing and open space for another forward.
e) Israel da Silva has proved to be a great back up for Ross, however he
is not a good team player, disruptive and too demanding, we will sell him
and open space for Jagielka. This action will also push us for another
centre back.
f) Kem Izzet was shortlisted by some turkish teams, we will sell him to
reduce competition on central midfield, as McPhail, Sheridan, Langley,
Thompson & Guarin are enough. Btw we still have Spicer on reserves.

att yrs
ELL

***

Breaking News:

Palmeiras FC goes shopping:

In a surprise move The Academy has signed for free the VfB Stuttgart star
striker Imre Szabics.
Fans are all for the #17 shirt at Palmeiras store.

***

Tranfers news:

Mellor was listed for loan.
Croft sold to Cardiff.
Izzet sold to Anastazabor (spl)
Israel transfer listed.

***

Former Charlton FC Jason Euell sign in for free.
Former Middlesbrough SC Szilard Németh sign in for free.
Former Dortmund veteran D/DMC Sunday Oliseh sign in for free.

Young left winger prospect Alan O'Brien move to The Academy from Toons for
£1,2M.
English left full back international Michael Ball change Gers for
Palmeiras FC. Palmeiras FC board has been very pleased with Ball signature.

SQUAD UPDATE:
http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=playersnew...

GK GRAHAM STACK (IRL)
GK Alan Blayney (NIR)
GK Lenny Pidgeley (ENG)
DR MAURICE ROSS (SCO)
DR Phil Jagielka (ENG)
DL MICHAEL BALL (ENG)
DL Jon Harley (ENG)
DC ISAAC OKORONKWO (NGA)
DC Lewis Buxton (ENG)
DC IAN MURRAY (SCO)
D/DMC Sunday Oliseh (NGA)
DMC FREDDY GUARIN (COL)
DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
AMR LADO BURDULI (GEO)
FR Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
MRC RICHARD LANGLEY (JAM)
MLC Stephen McPhail (IRL)
MLC Steven Foley-Sheridan (IRL)
SC IMRE SZABICS (HUN)*
SC Rob Hulse (ENG)
SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
SC Szilard Németh (SVK)
AML BOJAN DJORDJIC (SWE)
AML Alan O'Brian (IRL)
AML Mark Kennedy (IRL) (ret)

League 2 Odds:

http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=odds8qg.jp...

Palmeiras FC great start:

http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=fixtures0k...
http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=table5ko.j...

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Em Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:48:35 -0200, The Brazilian Man
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> SQUAD UPDATE (correct):
> http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=playersnew...
>

> GK GRAHAM STACK (IRL)
> GK Alan Blayney (NIR)
> GK Lenny Pidgeley (ENG)
> DR MAURICE ROSS (SCO)
> DR Phil Jagielka (ENG)
> DL MICHAEL BALL (ENG)
> DL Jon Harley (ENG)
> DC ISAAC OKORONKWO (NGA)
> DC Lewis Buxton (ENG)
> DC IAN MURRAY (SCO)
> D/DMC Sunday Oliseh (NGA)
> DMC FREDDY GUARIN (COL)
> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
> AMR LADO BURDULI (GEO)
> FR Dwight Pezzarossi (GUA)
> MRC RICHARD LANGLEY (JAM)
> MLC Stephen McPhail (IRL)
> FC Jason Euell (ENG)
> SC IMRE SZABICS (HUN)*
> SC Rob Hulse (ENG)
> SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
> SC Szilard Németh (SVK)
> AML BOJAN DJORDJIC (SWE)
> AML Alan O'Brian (IRL)
> AML Mark Kennedy (IRL) (ret)
>
> League 2 Odds:
>
> http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=odds8qg.jp...
>
> Palmeiras FC great start:
>
> http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=fixtures0k...
> http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=table5ko.j...

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:00:10 PM

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> He is my best player so far, not only has impressive consistency as scores a bunch from distance.
> Unhappily he was injured for 4 weeks as I could not have him against Norwich FA Cup 6th round clash.
> He is set as £20M and not available for transfer. :-)
> With his age, I need him to have a long permanence at The Academy.

You mean he signed for West Ham?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 3:32:44 AM

Stephen Weir wrote:
> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> He is my best player so far, not only has impressive consistency as
>> scores a bunch from distance. Unhappily he was injured for 4 weeks
>> as I could not have him against Norwich FA Cup 6th round clash. He
>> is set as £20M and not available for transfer. :-)
>> With his age, I need him to have a long permanence at The Academy.
>
> You mean he signed for West Ham?

I thought you guys only sold quality young players, not bought them...

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 3:35:03 AM

Toby Briggs wrote:
> Michael Murray wrote:
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>
>>> from BBC:
>>>
>>> "Palmeiras FC continues its escalade to top divisions."
>>>
>>> "Controversial Academy chairman, Ken Bates, gives us his impressions
>>> on the new London club fortunes."
>>>
>>> "When he have started this project, we knew the first steps would be
>>> not so harsh, as we could count with the great partnership of
>>> Pirelli Inc., however we are delighted with the club performances
>>> lately. First we have swept South Conference and FA Trophy with a
>>> squad full of players that could suffer the adaptation of living in
>>> a new country. Only one loss in a season was a major achievement.
>>> Then we thought that with the new players that came to The Academy,
>>> the National Conference would not be so hard, and you all can see
>>> that with yet 8 matches to play we're with the title on hands, as
>>> nobody can reach us with actual 21 points difference.
>>> But, Liguori made an enormous work taking Palmeiras to FA Cup 6th
>>> round, this was a surprise, we never felt we could go so far. We
>>> felt the loss to Norwich, but the Canaries are a great club and
>>> surely seats at a higher level then us at the moment.
>>

>> Did the fans or Chairman make any mention of your cup run in the
>> game, as I thought it was something they were going to add to the
>> game?
>>

>>> SQUAD UPDATE:
>>>

>>> DMC Fredy William Thompson (GUA)
>>

>> Is he as good as he was on CM03/04 ?
>>

>>> SC SAM PARKIN (ENG)
>>

>> Keep Sam Parkin he can score goals in the Premiership aswell as the
>> lower leagues (He was my leading goalscorer in my Spurs All English
>> Side, until Defoe scored a hat-trick in the final game of the
>> season.)
>>
>> See if you can sign Lionel Morgan (AML English ~22 years old) he
>> should have recovered from his 2 year injury now, he's still as good
>> as he was in CM03/04
>>

> Parkin was at Chelsea - played a couple of matches if that

He was raved about when he was on loan at Millwall from Chelsea.

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:22:24 PM

Em Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:00:10 +0000, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> He is my best player so far, not only has impressive consistency as
>> scores a bunch from distance.
>> Unhappily he was injured for 4 weeks as I could not have him against
>> Norwich FA Cup 6th round clash.
>> He is set as £20M and not available for transfer. :-)
>> With his age, I need him to have a long permanence at The Academy.
>
> You mean he signed for West Ham?

sorry did not get your point/joke...

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Em Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:36:52 -0200, The Brazilian Man
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

Palmeiras FC fans keep in great mood after Liguori signed Anton Ferdinand
and the English International Kieron Dyer.

16 games 14 wins 1 draw 1 loss

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Palmeiras FC continues its route to League 1,
with 31 games played The Academy leads the League 2 with 18 points
difference.
27 wins 2 draws 2 losses

Pletikosa was added to the squad in January 2007, and the londoners have
broken their attendance record with more than 33,000 fans to watch their
goaless draw with Bolton at FA Cup Third round, unfortunately Palmeiras
lost the replay 3 x 2 at Reebok Stadium.

After beating Gillingham at the Vans Trophy semis, The Academy will face
Torquay for the South finals.

The updated main squad is:

GK S. Pletikosa/A. Blayney (G. Stack is on reserves as he was very upset
with Pletikosa arrival)
DR P. Jagielka/M. Ross
DL M. Ball/J. Harley
DC I. Murray/L. Buxton
DC I. Okoronkwo/A. Ferdinand
DMC F. Guarin/S. Oliseh (F. Thompson )
AMR L. Burduli/D. Pezzarossi
AMC K. Dyer/N. Kranjkar (R. Langley/P. McPhail)
SC S. Parkin/R. Hulse (N. Mellor)
SC I. Szabics/J. Euell (S. Nemeth)
AML A. O'Brien/G. Djordjic

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

> Palmeiras FC
>
> Financial report:
>
> 2004/2005
> Revenues: £ 5,893,273
> Expenses: £ 30,320,937
> Profit: (£ 24,427,664)
> Players bought: (£ 5,500,000)
> Dividends: (£ 9,000,000)
> Gross profit: (£ 9,927,664)
>
> 2005/2006
> Revenues: £ 7,490,616 = + 27%
> Expenses: £ 33,947,355 = + 12%
> Profit: (£ 26,456,739)= + 8%
> Players bought: (£ 3,400,000) = - 38%
> Dividends: (£ 10,000,000) = + 11%
> Gross profit: (£ 13,056,739) = + 32%

2006/2007
Revenues: £ 13,306,505 = + 78%
Expenses: £ 62,631,626 = + 84%
Profit: (£ 49,325,121)= + 86%
Player bought: (£ 10,984,567) = + 223%
Dividends: (£ 11,233,585) = + 12%
Gross profit: (£ 27,106,969) = + 107%

we kept loosing money on terrible way, however still £100M on balance.

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

Another season ends and Palmeiras FC accomplishe its targets winning the
double. The Academy clinched League 2 title and won The Vans Trophy.

http://img178.exs.cx/img178/1826/honours2hd.jpg

This time it wasn't an unbeaten performance, but still the londoners
dominated the league with easy.

http://img178.exs.cx/img178/3762/table8wx.jpg

Going to start League 1, The Academy is expected to achieve promotion on
same pace as they've been running top last 3 seasons.

http://img178.exs.cx/img178/992/odds6pn.jpg

Ken Bates and Eduardo Liguori are absolute shinning with their new
signings.
Some players that came to the fancy London club were not expected to join
a League 1 club, but with the money available and the great prospects of
reaching EPL within two years, we understand why such attraction power is
growing into The Academy.

http://img178.exs.cx/img178/3064/players8mk.jpg

Follow third season records achieved:

http://img178.exs.cx/img178/7833/records5dz.jpg

The updated main squad is:

GK S. Pletikosa(CRO)/R. Wright*(ENG)/G. Stack(IRL)
DR Z. Grygera*(CZE)/M. Ross(SCO)
DL M. Ball(ENG)/J. Harley(ENG)
DC I. Murray(SCO)/M. Dawson*(ENG)
DC P. Jagielka(ENG)/A. Ferdinand(ENG)
DMC F. Guarin(COL)/S. Oliseh(NGA)/F. Thompson(GUA)
AMR K. Dyer(ENG)/S. Malbranque*(FRA)
AMC N. Kranjkar(CRO)/B. Ferguson*(SCO)
SC N. Anelka*(FRA)/S. Parkin(ENG)/N. Mellor(ENG)
SC I. Szabics(HUN)/M. Baros*(CZE)/C. Cole*(ENG)
AML Alex*(BRA)/A. O'Brien(IRL)

--
The Brazilian Man
Anonymous

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> This time it wasn't an unbeaten performance, but still the londoners
> dominated the league with easy.

> http://img178.exs.cx/img178/3762/table8wx.jpg

I think I'm going to have to beat that in my AGCM game :-)

> The updated main squad is:
>
> GK S. Pletikosa(CRO)/R. Wright*(ENG)/G. Stack(IRL)
> DR Z. Grygera*(CZE)/M. Ross(SCO)
> DL M. Ball(ENG)/J. Harley(ENG)
> DC I. Murray(SCO)/M. Dawson*(ENG)
> DC P. Jagielka(ENG)/A. Ferdinand(ENG)
> DMC F. Guarin(COL)/S. Oliseh(NGA)/F. Thompson(GUA)
> AMR K. Dyer(ENG)/S. Malbranque*(FRA)
> AMC N. Kranjkar(CRO)/B. Ferguson*(SCO)
> SC N. Anelka*(FRA)/S. Parkin(ENG)/N. Mellor(ENG)
> SC I. Szabics(HUN)/M. Baros*(CZE)/C. Cole*(ENG)
> AML Alex*(BRA)/A. O'Brien(IRL)

Did you put the club's reputation all the way up to attract some of these
players?

--
Michael Murray
Anonymous

Em Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:57:36 -0000, Michael Murray
<NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> This time it wasn't an unbeaten performance, but still the londoners
>> dominated the league with easy.
>
>> http://img178.exs.cx/img178/3762/table8wx.jpg
>
> I think I'm going to have to beat that in my AGCM game :-)
>

>> The updated main squad is:
>>
>> GK S. Pletikosa(CRO)/R. Wright*(ENG)/G. Stack(IRL)
>> DR Z. Grygera*(CZE)/M. Ross(SCO)
>> DL M. Ball(ENG)/J. Harley(ENG)
>> DC I. Murray(SCO)/M. Dawson*(ENG)
>> DC P. Jagielka(ENG)/A. Ferdinand(ENG)
>> DMC F. Guarin(COL)/S. Oliseh(NGA)/F. Thompson(GUA)
>> AMR K. Dyer(ENG)/S. Malbranque*(FRA)
>> AMC N. Kranjkar(CRO)/B. Ferguson*(SCO)
>> SC N. Anelka*(FRA)/S. Parkin(ENG)/N. Mellor(ENG)
>> SC I. Szabics(HUN)/M. Baros*(CZE)/C. Cole*(ENG)
>> AML Alex*(BRA)/A. O'Brien(IRL)
>
> Did you put the club's reputation all the way up to attract some of these
> players?

nope, but have started at South Conference as a Regional Rep i.e. 4,000
now we have National Rep., but as I refuse to use any editor after
starting the game, I don't really know how high we're now (in figures).

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:57:36 -0000, Michael Murray
> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Did you put the club's reputation all the way up to attract some of
>> these players?
>>

> nope, but have started at South Conference as a Regional Rep i.e.
> 4,000 now we have National Rep., but as I refuse to use any editor
> after starting the game, I don't really know how high we're now (in
> figures).

My AGCM team is at regional rep coming towards the end of season 2 (League
Two), though I do think I started them with a zero reputation.

By the way doesn't look like you'll be at AGCM FC for much longer, you have
been rather vocal in your dislike of me and AGCM FC recently.

--
Michael Murray
Anonymous

Em Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:18:04 -0000, Michael Murray
<NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Em Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:57:36 -0000, Michael Murray
>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>
>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>> Did you put the club's reputation all the way up to attract some of
>>> these players?
>>>

>> nope, but have started at South Conference as a Regional Rep i.e.
>> 4,000 now we have National Rep., but as I refuse to use any editor
>> after starting the game, I don't really know how high we're now (in
>> figures).
>
> My AGCM team is at regional rep coming towards the end of season 2
> (League
> Two), though I do think I started them with a zero reputation.
>
> By the way doesn't look like you'll be at AGCM FC for much longer, you
> have
> been rather vocal in your dislike of me and AGCM FC recently.

regret to hear that, but I can't control myself, literaly! :-)

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:56:31 PM

December, 26th 2007

Four Four Two Magazine exclusive interview:

"Brazilian rising manager answers us 10 questions about the remarcable
success of Palmeiras FC"

Eduardo Liguori, an unknown brazilian manager three years ago, is getting
the attention from London media after his new club have climbed divisions
as a rocket, and we got this exclusive interview to allow you know a bit
more of "The Academy" boss:

442 - Howcome Palmeiras FC found you to start this new club in England?
ELL - First of all I'm a SE Palmeiras fan since my first days, and been in
the club for so many years got the chance to know Mr. Brunoro and create a
good friendship. When Mr. Bates hired Brunoro to manage the club planning,
I was invited to help the project from its start. My experience was none
as a manager, but both trusted me due my knowledge of english football and
they intended to have new approach, different from traditional english
school.

442 - We know that Pirelli investments were huge (around £200M), what they
expect back from you and how long they can wait for the results?
ELL - This is true, we have a big pressure on recovering these
investments, however the italians planned to get it back within 10 years,
and we are working hard to achieve it.
Meanwhile they're very happy with the progress we made so far. Pirelli is
growing its share market in UK, and news are covering more and more the
club activities, see this interview for an example.
Besides the above Pirelli Stadium is a reality and publicity involved has
contibuted to generate the wished response from London community. Football
is a global business, and we truly hope to build a worldwide franchise in
the near future.

442 - Palmeiras FC was born using much foreigners, now we see some good
british players on the squad, was it on purpose, or british players really
fit your requirements?
ELL - Of course we need to balance our squad to attract more fans. As a
new club you must sort out some actions that will grant you a regular fans
base, great british players and some foreign stars are our target, but we
never loose the football focus. The market is wide open for players from
anywhere on Earth, but we will always try to give chances to british youth
players with high potential.

442 - Is it not boring to win the leagues so easily? Why overdimension
your squad ability when you're challeging some almost amateurs clubs?
ELL - Not at all! We have such challenges as the FA and League Cup runs.
As long we sweep the leagues we need to be ready to achieve great things
on english cups, this is to attract more fans as to be on the headlines.
It's all a matter of the goals you have, and we dream very very high
standards.
Just see we have achieved FA Cup sixth round once, and it gave us a
national reputation, without this success we would not have the status we
have now. Vans Trophy and FA Trophy have brought us to Wembley, this is a
dream coming true for any manager. Some great players as Anelka chosen to
play for us because they see what we are achieving.

442 - By the way, how is to live alongside former EPL players at lower
leagues?
ELL - Oh God, this is the real thing! We have so many games within four
competitions as now, that you need a great squad with good depth to
survive, our mentality has been to give players a decent challenge, the
rotation is natural and they won't complain about the wages they have,
despite been at a League 1 club.
Another issue is that these lads are treated as heroes by the fans, our
fans understand the fact that Kieron, Nicolas, Grygera, Alex and others
could be at any top European club, but they're here with us, so let's give
them what they deserve, much support.

442 - Part of the fans were disppointed with Szabics departure to Roma,
how do you reacted to the cry?
ELL - Imre is a great player, Roma wanted him and we could not stop him to
go further. Szabics came from free from Stuttgart, we received more than
£10M from Roma, at a business level you can't refuse such money. We knew
decent coverture would be necessary, and Cole proved fast to be the right
man.
He is young and has power to provide us the goals we need, Carlton has
scored more than a goal per game since his debut, no more complains have
been heard.

442 - Alex is the first high quality brazilian to sign for Palmeiras FC,
anymore to come?
ELL - Of course as a brazilian I'd like to have a couple or few more
country men, but due work permits restrictions they will arrive at later
stages. Meanwhile Alex is breaking all records what gives me a special
pleasure. The lad has reached midseason 11 MoM breaking Sam Parkin
previous record. Alex is also averaging 9.0 rates, this is awesome and a
surprise as we almost built a statue to Titi Camara when he reached a 8.4
season. Soon Alex will also break the assists record, keep watching him
close.
Only hope we can keep him for more some years.

442 - We have testified that Academy youth was not used as promissed, what
is wrong?
ELL - Good question. Our Academy has promoted some great players, however
I've been unable to give them the share on first team. The main problem is
that they need professional experience to reach a place on our main squad,
and we have faced much difficulty to loan them out to have this experience.
Reaching higher leagues, maybe we will offload more often our youth
players to give them more chances.
Otherwise you can't blame me for not mixing seniors with youth. All of you
had the chance to watch recent Adu performances, he's a marvellous player
and have scored 5 goals into five matches! Mellor had his chances last
season, but had not developed at the rate we expected so we've sold him.
Anton Ferdinand is having his chances, and Dawson is surely a future
England player.

442 - At middle of season, you find yourself with 9 points advantage and
it seems promotion is a real thing, how do you fancy the Championship
League next season?
ELL - It's soon to say we will be there yet, but hipotetically we will be
at crossroads. The Championship is a high level league, we will prolly
meet the likes of Everton, Leeds, Boro, so I don't expect nothing but
tough challenge. Our plann is to go directly to EPL, but I rather say we
don't want to be arrogants, so let's do it step by step.

442 - Last question: And if you are invited to manage a top club? Will you
leave Palemiras FC?
ELL - I would be much honoured if any top club approaches me, but being
straight honest I won't leave our project. I have some personal dreams,
and they are conected with bringing The Academy to the highest levels.
Next month we will meet Chelsea at League Cup semis, one more dream will
come true.
Too many things to happen yet, and I do love the club I am now.

***

Palmeiras FC sits at first position after 22 games at League 1, with 20
wins and 2 draws.
Classified to Carling Cup semis against Chelsea.
At FA Cup third round and Vans Trophy South semi-finals.

The updated main squad is:

GK S. Pletikosa(CRO)/R. Wright*(ENG)/G. Stack(IRL)
DR Z. Grygera*(CZE)/M. Ross(SCO)
DL M. Ball(ENG)/J. Harley(ENG)
DC I. Murray(SCO)/P. Jagielka(ENG)/I. Okoronkwo (NGA)
DC M. Dawson*(ENG)/A. Ferdinand(ENG)
DMC B. Ferguson*(SCO)/F. Thompson(GUA)/F. Guarin(COL)/S. Oliseh(NGA)
AMR S. Malbranque*(FRA)/L. Burduli (GEO)
AMC K. Dyer(ENG)/N. Kranjkar(CRO)/
SC N. Anelka*(FRA)/S. Parkin(ENG)/F. Adu* (USA)
SC C. Cole*(ENG)/M. Baros*(CZE)
AML Alex*(BRA)/A. O'Brien(IRL)

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 1:12:24 AM

Michael Murray wrote:
> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Em Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:57:36 -0000, Michael Murray
>> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
>>
>>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>> Did you put the club's reputation all the way up to attract some of
>>> these players?
>>>

>> nope, but have started at South Conference as a Regional Rep i.e.
>> 4,000 now we have National Rep., but as I refuse to use any editor
>> after starting the game, I don't really know how high we're now (in
>> figures).
>
> My AGCM team is at regional rep coming towards the end of season 2
> (League Two), though I do think I started them with a zero reputation.
>
> By the way doesn't look like you'll be at AGCM FC for much longer,
> you have been rather vocal in your dislike of me and AGCM FC recently.

I've had that problem with players - about 4 or 5 unhappy at moment.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 2:46:43 AM

Marc Robbins wrote:
> Michael Murray wrote:
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> nope, but have started at South Conference as a Regional Rep i.e.
>>> 4,000 now we have National Rep., but as I refuse to use any editor
>>> after starting the game, I don't really know how high we're now (in
>>> figures).
>>
>> My AGCM team is at regional rep coming towards the end of season 2
>> (League Two), though I do think I started them with a zero
>> reputation.
>>
>> By the way doesn't look like you'll be at AGCM FC for much longer,
>> you have been rather vocal in your dislike of me and AGCM FC
>> recently.
>
> I've had that problem with players - about 4 or 5 unhappy at moment.

Its got worse now Janetzki, Weir, Scholer, Nilsen, Hamish and Fenris have
all said they want to leave the club.

--
Michael Murray
Anonymous

Great stuff Edu.

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:01:53 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:46:43 -0000, "Michael Murray"
<NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Its got worse now Janetzki, Weir, Scholer, Nilsen, Hamish and Fenris have
>all said they want to leave the club.

Greedy bastards !

-Nick
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:37:54 PM

Em Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:04:44 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> December, 26th 2007
>>
>> Four Four Two Magazine exclusive interview:
>>
>> "Brazilian rising manager answers us 10 questions about the remarcable
>> success of Palmeiras FC"
>>

> Great stuff Edu.

I'm glad someone recognized it, tks.
My intent is to have fun with the game, and show up that FM can be awesome
if you let yourself onto it.

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 1:07:00 PM

Carling Cup Semi-finals first leg "Davi & Golias" postpone decision to
Stamford Bridge clash.

In a very matched game the League 1 club hold a goaless draw with giants
Chelsea.

http://img164.exs.cx/img164/7441/vschelsea6oc.jpg

The difference of quality in the squads, and the absence of Palmeiras FC
main strikers on the game were not enough to allow a good result for the
Blues.
The Academy manager still thinks it's "mission impossible" to reach the
finals, however the game ain't finished and Pirelli lads will fight until
last minute to try to upset giant rivals.

http://img164.exs.cx/img164/572/vschelseapr9hw.jpg

Pirelly Stadium face the "biggest game" of Palmeiras FC history.

http://img164.exs.cx/img164/911/attrecord4rq.jpg

With almost all seats sold, The Academy fans had the chance to enjoy a
great environment and the renewed former Highbury stadium lived back its
glory receiving Chelsea players.

The updated main squad is:

GK S. Pletikosa(CRO)/R. Wright*(ENG)/G. Stack(IRL)
DR Z. Grygera*(CZE)/M. Ross(SCO)
DL M. Ball(ENG)/J. Harley(ENG)
DC I. Murray(SCO)/P. Jagielka(ENG)/I. Okoronkwo (NGA)
DC M. Dawson*(ENG)/A. Ferdinand(ENG)
DMC B. Ferguson*(SCO)/F. Thompson(GUA)/F. Guarin(COL)/S. Oliseh(NGA)
AMR S. Malbranque*(FRA)/L. Burduli (GEO)
AMC K. Dyer(ENG)/N. Kranjkar(CRO)/
SC N. Anelka*(FRA)/S. Parkin(ENG)/F. Adu* (USA)
SC C. Cole*(ENG)/M. Baros*(CZE)
AML Alex*(BRA)/A. O'Brien(IRL)

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 6:46:45 PM

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Carling Cup Semi-finals first leg "Davi & Golias" postpone decision to
> Stamford Bridge clash.
>
> In a very matched game the League 1 club hold a goaless draw with
> giants Chelsea.
>
> http://img164.exs.cx/img164/7441/vschelsea6oc.jpg

Great result, good luck in the return leg. I think you'll need ;-)

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers