network access denied

Craig

I can't share printers or files on my home network. I
reinstalled the network, but when I try to set up the
printer it says I don't have permission to access the
workgroup. I have access to the internet on all
computers, but can only print from the computer to which
the printed is directly connected.

It worked for me before but I disabled my wireless
connection. When I enabled it again, I lost my network
access. Several attempts to reinstall, rename the
workgroup, rename the computers have proven unsuccessful.
Any ideas?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Make sure the computers are named correctly. The computer name is
limited to fifteen characters and cannot contain spaces or any of the
following special characters:
; : " < > * + = \ | ? , All computers on the network have to have
different names.
>From the Start button in Help and Supprot find "Home or small office
networking". Read about "using the network setup wizard" and creating a
network setup floppy. Run the Network Wizard on a desktop. Make the
network setup floppy and run it on all other machines. Setup the
wireless parameters on the router. In "Help" find the 'Networking'
topic. Under that, see the topic on 'Wireless Networking" Set up the
wireless connections on the wireless devices.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007