Starting about two weeks ago my keyboard has developed a problem: on a
consistent and periodic basis my keyboard becomes inorperable (all I get is a
beep). If I simply move or click my mouse, the keyboard works normally again
until a few minutes later, the interrupt occurs again. This is annoying.
Steps I have tried without success: substituted another keyboard, updated
keyboard drivers, ran anti-spy and anti-virus scans that return clean,
communicated with several forums, checked device manager and all is working
correctly. I'm running Windows XP Home SP/2 with auto-updating. I've tried
disabling all the popup blockers, anti-spyware, etc.; same results. The
problem occurs whenever I attempt to use my keyboard for any reason. There
have been two interrupts while typing this note. What can be causing this
problem, how to fix?
--
Ken

If you are using a USB keyboard then switch to a PS2. If using a PS2
then switch to USB. Sounds like the Motherboard
Connector-Controller is acting flaky. On my Ep-8K7A+ motherboard after
six months the PS2 Keyboard connector failed. The mouse worked fine and so
did the USB Keyboard.
"ColoraKen" <ColoraKen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Starting about two weeks ago my keyboard has developed a problem: on a
> consistent and periodic basis my keyboard becomes inorperable (all I get
> is a
> beep). If I simply move or click my mouse, the keyboard works normally
> again
> until a few minutes later, the interrupt occurs again. This is annoying.
> Steps I have tried without success: substituted another keyboard, updated
> keyboard drivers, ran anti-spy and anti-virus scans that return clean,
> communicated with several forums, checked device manager and all is
> working
> correctly. I'm running Windows XP Home SP/2 with auto-updating. I've tried
> disabling all the popup blockers, anti-spyware, etc.; same results. The
> problem occurs whenever I attempt to use my keyboard for any reason.
> There
> have been two interrupts while typing this note. What can be causing this
> problem, how to fix?
> --
> Ken

Unfortunatly, I'll already tried switching to the USB port with an adapter;
no success. Is there a "simple" way to fix the Motherboard? It appears more
and more that the problem lies there. Thanks for your response

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> If you are using a USB keyboard then switch to a PS2. If using a PS2
> then switch to USB. Sounds like the Motherboard
> Connector-Controller is acting flaky. On my Ep-8K7A+ motherboard after
> six months the PS2 Keyboard connector failed. The mouse worked fine and so
> did the USB Keyboard.
> "ColoraKen" <ColoraKen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Starting about two weeks ago my keyboard has developed a problem: on a
> > consistent and periodic basis my keyboard becomes inorperable (all I get
> > is a
> > beep). If I simply move or click my mouse, the keyboard works normally
> > again
> > until a few minutes later, the interrupt occurs again. This is annoying.
> > Steps I have tried without success: substituted another keyboard, updated
> > keyboard drivers, ran anti-spy and anti-virus scans that return clean,
> > communicated with several forums, checked device manager and all is
> > working
> > correctly. I'm running Windows XP Home SP/2 with auto-updating. I've tried
> > disabling all the popup blockers, anti-spyware, etc.; same results. The
> > problem occurs whenever I attempt to use my keyboard for any reason.
> > There
> > have been two interrupts while typing this note. What can be causing this
> > problem, how to fix?
> > --
> > Ken

Ken, motherboards become obsolete real fast and usually are either
trashed or upgraded. Did you check in the Bios
Try choosing default settings and assigning a IRQ to USB. There should be
an entry under Power Settings.