virtual memory

A warning virtual memory low keeps popping up when I am working on my
computer. Is there anything I can do to increase the size on my own. The
window says it is increasing it and some programs won't work as they should
while this procedure is being done. Can I increase it by removing some of my
programs. I am not to good at this. Can you help me?

"Janet Sym" <tedjan@amtelecom.net> wrote in message
>A warning virtual memory low keeps popping up when I am working on my
> computer. Is there anything I can do to increase the size on my own. The
> window says it is increasing it and some programs won't work as they
> should
> while this procedure is being done. Can I increase it by removing some of
> my
> programs. I am not to good at this. Can you help me?

start, control panel, system, advanced, Under performance click settings,
Under visual effects check adjust for best performance, under advanced and
virtual memory click change,
select c: and click on system managed size. then ok out of everything. If a
change was made you'll have to reboot.
If you don't have enough harddrive space for a swap file large enough then
this exercise is a waste of time.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Janet Sym wrote:
> A warning virtual memory low keeps popping up when I am working on my
> computer. Is there anything I can do to increase the size on my own. The
> window says it is increasing it and some programs won't work as they should
> while this procedure is being done. Can I increase it by removing some of my
> programs. I am not to good at this. Can you help me?

try this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417

this should explain it all.