Paintbrush application is missing!!

The Windows Paintbrush application has recently gone AWOL from my system -
utterly and totally vanished!! i cannot find it anywhere on the system and
have searched high and low for it! This happened around the same time as I
downloaded the MS Anti-Spyware program, but I don't know if this is
co-incidental or otherwise.
Anyway, I cannot find a means of Paintbrush from the Windows website - can
anyone help me in retrieving it or on how I can get it from elsewhere?

Thanks

The executable file is called mspaint. It's located here:

C:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe

On your Start Menu, it's usually located in the All
Programs/Accessories folder.

If you can't find it in either location, search your hard drive
for mspaint. If found, right click on the file and select Send
to ->Desktop (create shortcut). You can now move the shortcut to
a more convenient location such as the Start Menu.

If this doesn't help, you may need to go to Control Panel ->
Add/Remove Programs -> Windows Components and reinstall Paint.
You'll need your XP installation CD to install the program.

Good luck.

--
Nepatsfan
"SB Scotland" <SBScotland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> The Windows Paintbrush application has recently gone AWOL from
> my system -
> utterly and totally vanished!! i cannot find it anywhere on the
> system and
> have searched high and low for it! This happened around the
> same time as I
> downloaded the MS Anti-Spyware program, but I don't know if
> this is
> co-incidental or otherwise.
> Anyway, I cannot find a means of Paintbrush from the Windows
> website - can
> anyone help me in retrieving it or on how I can get it from
> elsewhere?
>
> Thanks

Isn't the program called Paint in XP not Paintbrush?

Accessable via Start/All Programs/Accessories

"SB Scotland" <SBScotland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Windows Paintbrush application has recently gone AWOL from my
> system -
> utterly and totally vanished!! i cannot find it anywhere on the system
> and
> have searched high and low for it! This happened around the same time
> as I
> downloaded the MS Anti-Spyware program, but I don't know if this is
> co-incidental or otherwise.
> Anyway, I cannot find a means of Paintbrush from the Windows website -
> can
> anyone help me in retrieving it or on how I can get it from elsewhere?
>
> Thanks

Uninstall and reinstall MS Paint in Windows XP:
http://www.winxptutor.com/paint.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"SB Scotland" <SBScotland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Windows Paintbrush application has recently gone AWOL from my system -
> utterly and totally vanished!! i cannot find it anywhere on the system and
> have searched high and low for it! This happened around the same time as I
> downloaded the MS Anti-Spyware program, but I don't know if this is
> co-incidental or otherwise.
> Anyway, I cannot find a means of Paintbrush from the Windows website - can
> anyone help me in retrieving it or on how I can get it from elsewhere?
>
> Thanks

beswara

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009