Asus Eee Keyboard Launching Late June

Status
Not open for further replies.

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I don't know how many times I have spilled something into my keyboad, or had someone trip over the cord while sitting at my couch, or had my wireless knocked off of my coffee table. I hope this thing is really durable.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
although neat. This will never replace a htpc. It is just too limited. Kind of looks like a keyboard with an ipod touch built in. I prefer what i have, a ipod touch, a dinovo edge, and a htpc with blu ray and ALOT more than 32 gb of storage.

battery

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
i just dropped a load in my pants.
i'm not too familar with the atom, can it handle h.264 1080p playback?

its a darm shame you have to pay more for the the whdmi reciever than the actual 'system'.

and i'm sure the main question we're all eagerly awaiting the answer for, can the touchscreen display a numpad :D? [you'd better damn be able to use it as a touchpad to control the cursor..]

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]battery[/nom]i just dropped a load in my pants.i'm not too familar with the atom, can it handle h.264 1080p playback?[/citation]
On the Ion platform?

Yeah.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Back to the roots !
I would love one of those if only because they remind me of my MSX C64 and Amiga systems.
One brick that includes all hardware needed (but with expansion ports) except for the monitor and mouse.
I really don's see why any nettop will be better than this design and if this is done well for sure i will buy one.

aj327

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
I'm not sure I understand what the niche market for this is. Sure it's small but it's also really underpowered and doesn't have a screen - so it's not portable like a netbook but is just as weak. Without a screen it seems like it would have to be used in the home setting, in which case why would you care how big your computer is? Even if this were as powerful as your typical HTPC couldn't you just stick the HTPC...well anywhere, and then just get a wireless keyboard. Aside from the "neat" factor, what does this computer have going for it?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Whats the point of wireless HDMI? It sill requires wires for the mouse and power cord. Perhaps some use.

And yet, one of the big failing of Amiga is that the affordable $300~600 model was just a keyboard-computer with a floppydrive & HD(later models).

mrubermonkey

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
This will be a great addition to a high end HTPC configuration. Far more fance than a keyboard with a trackball. They should also come out with a remote that has compatible software to this with a touchscreen although multi-touch would be preferable. Maybe a future remote and keyboard combination with multi-touch.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
uh, say what?

I still don't really see the practicality for this...CIA? FBI? someone breaking into some place they shouldn't be?

LaughALot

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
$200 more for wireless HDMI? Why are all the wireless HDMI solutions on the market so damn expensive? I hope Asus will sell a wireless receiver and transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.