Right Click in Start Menu

Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??

--
|8}o

Seems to me that (if it was working properly) right clicking and selecting
"open" is just a long way of accomplishing the same thing that would happen
if you simply left-click on the item once. Why not do that?

"irandolph" wrote:

> Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
> Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
> window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??
>

> --
> |8}o

You added the toolbar Move To command to the right click menu. It wasn't designed to go there.

"irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BD37EC-7056-45D8-BDDD-1B7323E8B2C9@microsoft.com...
> Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
> Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
> window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??
>

> --
> |8}o

Thanks, David.

I do not remeber adding it. How do I delete it??

"David Candy" wrote:

> You added the toolbar Move To command to the right click menu. It wasn't designed to go there.

> "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BD37EC-7056-45D8-BDDD-1B7323E8B2C9@microsoft.com...
> > Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
> > Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
> > window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??
> >

> > --
> > |8}o

It depends how you added it and where you added it too..

Type regedit in Start Run, Edit menu - Find and search for
{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}

Tell me where you find it. You can right click a key and choose Copy Key Name to put the key on the clipboard to paste.

"irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32CDC807-2E0A-481D-BAA8-00C41F07E1AA@microsoft.com...
> Thanks, David.
>
> I do not remeber adding it. How do I delete it??
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> You added the toolbar Move To command to the right click menu. It wasn't designed to go there.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BD37EC-7056-45D8-BDDD-1B7323E8B2C9@microsoft.com...
>> > Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
>> > Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
>> > window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??
>> >

>> > --

Hi, David...

I tried left-clicking once and nothing happened. When I left-click twice, I
select Open and the same problem happens.

I found {C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} in three places...

HCR\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex.ContentMenuHandler\Move To
and
HCR\CLSID\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
and
HLM\Software\Classes\AllFilessystemObject\Shellex\ContentMenuHandle\Move To

What shall I do next??

"David Candy" wrote:

> It depends how you added it and where you added it too..
>
> Type regedit in Start Run, Edit menu - Find and search for
> {C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
>
> Tell me where you find it. You can right click a key and choose Copy Key Name to put the key on the clipboard to paste.
>
> "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32CDC807-2E0A-481D-BAA8-00C41F07E1AA@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks, David.
> >
> > I do not remeber adding it. How do I delete it??
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> You added the toolbar Move To command to the right click menu. It wasn't designed to go there.
> >>
> >> --

Read what he said then try it his way and your way and you'll get your answer.

"IguanaGurus" <gurus4u @t yahoo d0t com> wrote in message news:D6836BAE-205B-4C01-9FDC-F74901E773E7@microsoft.com...
> Seems to me that (if it was working properly) right clicking and selecting
> "open" is just a long way of accomplishing the same thing that would happen
> if you simply left-click on the item once. Why not do that?
>
> "irandolph" wrote:
>
>> Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
>> Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
>> window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??
>>

>> --
>> |8}o

Hi, David...

The Left Click doesn't do anything. When I Left Click twice, it is like
Right-Clicking twice wqith the same wrong esponse.

The three location are:
HCR\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex\ontentMenuHandler\Move To
and
HCR\CLSID\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
and
HLM\Software\Classes\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex\ContentMenuHandler\Move To

What shall I do now??

"David Candy" wrote:

> Read what he said then try it his way and your way and you'll get your answer.

> "IguanaGurus" <gurus4u @t yahoo d0t com> wrote in message news:D6836BAE-205B-4C01-9FDC-F74901E773E7@microsoft.com...
> > Seems to me that (if it was working properly) right clicking and selecting
> > "open" is just a long way of accomplishing the same thing that would happen
> > if you simply left-click on the item once. Why not do that?
> >
> > "irandolph" wrote:
> >
> >> Whenever I right-click on a folder in All Programs in the Start Menu and
> >> Select Open, a Move Items windows opens up. When I close the Move Items
> >> window the proper folder with the files opens up. What is happening??
> >>

> >> --

The first and third items are the same item accessed through different paths. Remove one or the other. Select Move To and press delete. The person who asked didn't read Folder in your question (their question makes sense for non folder thingies but not for folders).

Leave #2 alone as this is the feature itself which is used by the toolbar.

"irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC4A8608-2949-44AF-B5CD-1B7267006DC0@microsoft.com...
> Hi, David...
>
> The Left Click doesn't do anything. When I Left Click twice, it is like
> Right-Clicking twice wqith the same wrong esponse.
>
> The three location are:
> HCR\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex\ontentMenuHandler\Move To
> and
> HCR\CLSID\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
> and
> HLM\Software\Classes\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex\ContentMenuHandler\Move To
>
> What shall I do now??
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Read what he said then try it his way and your way and you'll get your answer.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "IguanaGurus" <gurus4u @t yahoo d0t com> wrote in message news:D6836BAE-205B-4C01-9FDC-F74901E773E7@microsoft.com...
>> > Seems to me that (if it was working properly) right clicking and selecting
>> > "open" is just a long way of accomplishing the same thing that would happen
>> > if you simply left-click on the item once. Why not do that?

Or you could move it from AllFileSystemObjects to * (* is all files as opposed to AllFiles and Folders) then the start menus will work. But this issue pops up on some file operations (I can't remember which ones but they are rare).

"irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC4A8608-2949-44AF-B5CD-1B7267006DC0@microsoft.com...
> Hi, David...
>
> The Left Click doesn't do anything. When I Left Click twice, it is like
> Right-Clicking twice wqith the same wrong esponse.
>
> The three location are:
> HCR\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex\ontentMenuHandler\Move To
> and
> HCR\CLSID\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
> and
> HLM\Software\Classes\AllFilessystemObjects\Shellex\ContentMenuHandler\Move To
>
> What shall I do now??
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Read what he said then try it his way and your way and you'll get your answer.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "IguanaGurus" <gurus4u @t yahoo d0t com> wrote in message news:D6836BAE-205B-4C01-9FDC-F74901E773E7@microsoft.com...
>> > Seems to me that (if it was working properly) right clicking and selecting
>> > "open" is just a long way of accomplishing the same thing that would happen
>> > if you simply left-click on the item once. Why not do that?

David.....Thanks. You fixed it!!!