Ati are overated bits of CRAP

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
I just got a 9600 card to replace my old Ti4200 and am having great difficulty noticing any difference what so ever. Even in DX9 games i can't tell the difference. Everyone is ravig on about how good Ati are yet i have the feeling its all a load of crap from some computer geeks as this card is really average in my opinion considering its hefty price tag. Id stay away from Ati after this.

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

cleeve

Illustrious
1. Why would anyone upgrade to a 9600 PRO from a Ti4200? The performance is too close to justify. That is a pure bonehead upgrade.
It's not the 9600 PRO's fault that you upgraded from a card that's almost as good in DX7/8 games. It's yours.

2. You're going to have to wait for true DX9 titles to see more of a difference, but it will be there.

3. Use the card's strengths. Try using antialiassing and AA to see a difference. You'll notice, really.

4. Hefty price tag? That's retarded. You can score a 9600 PRO for $125. For a card that beats the old king-of-the-hill Ti4600 that used to sell for $500, how in god's name do you define that as hefty?

Sweet Jesus, what's the matter with these amateurs? If you're going to make up a stupid story, make it believable at least.

------------------
Radeon 9500 (hardmodded to PRO, o/c to 322/322)
AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (o/c to 2600+ with 143 fsb)
3dMark03: 4055

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
dude why do u even bother posting? if u dont post, the post will just die~~~

ram your mom was an overated bits of crap last night

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
FX5700Ultra, the next Ti4200? seems so

cleeve

Illustrious
I enjoy the venting, actually.

Besides, rramjet's mom asked me to. She was sniffing the ground for used cigarettes outside of my work this morning, so I said hi.

------------------
Radeon 9500 (hardmodded to PRO, o/c to 322/322)
AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (o/c to 2600+ with 143 fsb)
3dMark03: 4055

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Of course you won't notice a diffenrence between 60FPS and 100! How bout turning on Anisotropic and FSAA (especialy FSAA) and see the difference!

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.

Should have went with a 9800 Pro... then you'd see some big difference.

:tongue:

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Return of the nV TROLL, RumpJet! The Mentally Defective step-brother of Dawn and Dusk.

Dude, when running games on that 10" Monochrome monitor of yours what did you expect?

Interesting how the story changes, but the swan song remains the same...

So now it's no longer your 'MATE' like <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=377320#377320" target="_new">your last BS post</A>.

Hmmm Also Seems the card you're upgrading from keeps Changing. <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=374952#374952" target="_new">A Previous TROLL Post said it was a GF2MX you had</A>. Try and keep the Lies consistent at least.

I also heard that upgrading from your Momma to your Sista makes little difference too! :eek:

Perhaps Cleeve could give us some insight. :wink:

RRRRRRRamjetTTTTTROLL.

Back under the bridge for ya' for another few weeks.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <b>RED GREEN</b> GA to SK :evil:

<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/" target="_new">-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</A>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Why the hell would you downgrade from a Ti4200 to a 9600np in the first place? And why would you pay a "hefty price tag" for a 9600np or 9600p?

Damn Rambus.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LMAO! The cards offer similar performance in DX8 mode. DX9 games will run in DX8 mode on the Ti4200, so you don't get a loss in performance, but instead a loss of the new features of the game. They'll both always offer similar performance, just that you can SEE the DX9 eyecandy with the 9600 Pro.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
cleeve your momma humps dead animals and you get a heradjob off her while she does so. Ati are for fagoat asslickers like cleeve heare and all his homo pals...

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

Funny thing is that rrjamit DID say he had an R9600PRO in his other posts I linked to. But then again rrspamjet says alot of stuff as you can tell by those posts.

I found a really good article that could be used to tarnish ATI (funny that the ATI-haters didn't find it), and I'd post it here except it still seems like an anomaly (we shall see), but I will send it to ya' for your reaction. I wish those trying to bash one camp or the other would use some finesse. I mean heck even a really funny BS post would be worth the read. This stuff is just SAD.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <b>RED GREEN</b> GA to SK :evil:

<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/" target="_new">-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</A>

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
Right. Then we'll find him, burn him at the stake, and give whatever the hell card he has to some poor kid that needs it more than he does.

AMD 2500+, 1gb DDR333, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy 2. Yummy...

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I was thinking of a flame war, but that sounds like more fun. Can I uhhh....well when no one is looking...u know....sneak in and uhhh...welll....take a nibble?

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Do you really own the card?
I dont think that card if you do own it can be that bad. I've had the worst experience with my 9800 out of anyone here that uses ATI by far.

But my experience is based in a factual experience.
9600pro is still alot better than a 4200.

Enlighten us on your problems they can probably be fixed. But if you wanted them fixed you wouldnt have posted garbage.

The only ones 'ranting and raving' about how great the ATIs are, are our fanboys.
Besides that, no ones saying how great the ATIs are (the tech was long is ahead of its time anyway), but how poor the NVs perform. Big difference!

I for one think NV is the superior gfx chipset maker and if they wouldve been involved in the DX9 spec conferences, would dominate at usual. No one denys that. (edit- I take that back, not superior hardware, but NV makes more brute force hardware with better drivers, hence making them the superior gfx chipset maker :wink: )

I suggest using the cat 3.7s, thats what i use and you might be a little happier.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kinney on 11/29/03 00:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

augustus108

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
I have posted a thread while back, but no one responded.

Right now, I'm playing Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness. Is it a true DX9 title? Is it worth upgrading from Ti4200 4X Leadtek to a 9600XT ( I used 9600XT as example, because it is quite affordable)?
If yes, why? How much of a difference?
If not, why not?

System Integration...yeah right, thanks to marketing, more confusion

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Well I'm in the minority here but I'd stick with what you have got.
I love the GF3/4 series. Those are VERY solid cards and hold up today well. Driver quality is unparalleled in my experience.

The new tomb raider is a true DX9 title to my knowledge.
Like the others said, if you run AA/AF it would be worth it. I dont use either myself.

I went from a GF3 to a radeon and I'd stick with the GF4 and pickup an NV40 when it comes out.
A radeon is your only choice though if you feel you have to upgrade right now as an FX isnt worth the money IMO.
Ive had flawless experience with NV though since 3dfx died.
Once you start having problems with your system it wont matter if one card or another is a little faster.
NV has damn solid drivers, noticably better than ATI.

But a 9600 is a nice upgrade. Certainly the only card I'd suggest if someone was intent on upgrading. So I think your looking in the right direction.
But from a 4200, I think your trading what was a phenonenal card (GF4) for what is not THAT much faster.
Go with a 9800 if you are going from a GF4.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b>

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
rramjet go there you will see why ati are so bad for you
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> HERE </A>

My own beast: Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb) , Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/370) , 512mb ddr400. SO MUCH faster than my last computer (pIII 550......)