Epson Perfection 2400 Photo

Has anyone got experience with this scanner as to slides?
When scanning 35 mm. slides by the transparency scanner in
the
cover I get not good
results - too dark and blue. Now I don't want to have them
corrected after scanning with Photoshop, I just want to have
acceptable results at once with Epson Smart Panel. I already
did calibration of my monitor and noticed some improvement,
perhaps now it is the turn of the scanner to be calibrated?
Is there some utility program to insure that the scanner is
working at its best? Any ideas?
thanx in advance
il barbi

In article <Y3gic.135256$rM4.5230017@news4.tin.it>,
angelo.barbieri2@tin.it says...
> Has anyone got experience with this scanner as to slides?
> When scanning 35 mm. slides by the transparency scanner in
> the
> cover I get not good
> results - too dark and blue. Now I don't want to have them
> corrected after scanning with Photoshop, I just want to have
> acceptable results at once with Epson Smart Panel. I already
> did calibration of my monitor and noticed some improvement,
> perhaps now it is the turn of the scanner to be calibrated?
> Is there some utility program to insure that the scanner is
> working at its best? Any ideas?
> thanx in advance
> il barbi

Try VueScan with it.