Windows Desktop blocked with adware search add

My wallpaper has been blocked by an add for adware removal software. When i
click on it it leads to a search for removal programs. I have scanned my
computer several times, rebooted, and gone to add and remove programs but
still cant get this add off my desktop. Please help me

Hi,

Use the microsoft Antispyware beta1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

Cu

Van den Houten Willy

"Clirran" wrote:

> My wallpaper has been blocked by an add for adware removal software. When i
> click on it it leads to a search for removal programs. I have scanned my
> computer several times, rebooted, and gone to add and remove programs but
> still cant get this add off my desktop. Please help me

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Clirran wrote:
> My wallpaper has been blocked by an add for adware removal software. When i
> click on it it leads to a search for removal programs. I have scanned my
> computer several times, rebooted, and gone to add and remove programs but
> still cant get this add off my desktop. Please help me

Google for 'Adaware' and Spybot Search & Destroy'. They are two top
rated adware removal tools and free for personal use. One at a time,
install them, let them update their definitions file on line (they will
prompt you to do so when run) and then let them do a deep scan. One
alone will not find everything, that is why it is recommended to get both.

John

Hi Clirran,

Right-click Desktop, Properties
Select Desktop tab, Customize Desktop
In the Web tab, delete all the items except "My current homepage" (uncheck
it)

Run these malware cleaners:

1. Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

2. SpyBot S&D
http://www.safer-networking.org

3. CWShredder

Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

Clean-up Windows Startup:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

Then, run a full system virus scan with fully updated definitions. Try Trend
Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers,
trojans etc.

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org