Windows Desktop blocked with adware search add

My wallpaper has been blocked by an add for adware removal software. When i
click on it it leads to a search for removal programs. I have scanned my
computer several times, rebooted, and gone to add and remove programs but
still cant get this add off my desktop. Please help me
3 answers Last reply
More about windows desktop blocked adware search

    Hi,

    Use the microsoft Antispyware beta1

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    Cu

    Van den Houten Willy

    Clirran wrote:
    > My wallpaper has been blocked by an add for adware removal software. When i
    > click on it it leads to a search for removal programs. I have scanned my
    > computer several times, rebooted, and gone to add and remove programs but
    > still cant get this add off my desktop. Please help me

    Google for 'Adaware' and Spybot Search & Destroy'. They are two top
    rated adware removal tools and free for personal use. One at a time,
    install them, let them update their definitions file on line (they will
    prompt you to do so when run) and then let them do a deep scan. One
    alone will not find everything, that is why it is recommended to get both.

    John

    Hi Clirran,

    Right-click Desktop, Properties
    Select Desktop tab, Customize Desktop
    In the Web tab, delete all the items except "My current homepage" (uncheck
    it)

    Run these malware cleaners:

    1. Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    2. SpyBot S&D
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    3. CWShredder

    Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

    Clean-up Windows Startup:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    Then, run a full system virus scan with fully updated definitions. Try Trend
    Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers,
    trojans etc.

    Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Clirran" <Clirran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My wallpaper has been blocked by an add for adware removal software. When
    > click on it it leads to a search for removal programs. I have scanned my
    > computer several times, rebooted, and gone to add and remove programs but
    > still cant get this add off my desktop. Please help me

Desktops Windows XP