davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
I have a PNY Verto GeForce 4 Ti 4200 with 64 MB. I was doing some overclocking with the card yesterday. I changed the stock speed of 250/514 to 275/570. Everything was running fine. Now today I turned the computer on and I heard a low humming sound coming from the case. So I turned off the comp immediately and opened it up. I took out the video card and reseated it in the AGP slot. I then started it up again and it gave me the same sound. I let the computer sit for 1 hour and then turned it on. Now everything is fine, and there is no humming sound. All the speeds on the FSB and the card are back to stock. I only overclock when I am benchmarking. Is it possible that I did damage to the card? The screen looks fine, and there is NO flickering on the screen. Is the card OK?

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Strange problem. Neither the video card <b>or</b> the overclock Are causing the noise/problem. Your Ti4200 should run @ 300/600 easilly, The one I just replaced ran at those speeds all day.

<b>I help because you suck</b>

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
I know the sound was coming from the video card because I had a similar sound in my old computer and it was the video card. My old computer had a GeForce 2 Ti and it gave me the same kind of sound, so I replaced it with a Radeon 7000 and that computer is running fine. So when I heard this sound in my computer today, I immediately knew it was the video card. I opened up the case and turned it on without the side panel. I put my ear down near the video card, and that was where the sound was coming from. By the way, the fan on the video card is working properly.