Broadband Network Manager and Apple's Airport Express

I have recently tried to install Apples Aiport Express
wireless client gizmo to play tunes from my desktop
through my home stereo system. Everything should
work...requirements are all filled...but the Msoft
Broadband Network Management software that came with the
router won't allow it. I have added the MAC address of
the A.E. to the "Client Access List" and disable the
firewall but still nothing. Does anyone have any help?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Are you saying when MS designed the hardware and wrote the software ,
what, 4 or 5 years ago they put in a secret code that doesn't allow the
Airport Express to work? Sounds like great foresight.
All the Broadband Network Utility does is let you see the devices on
the network. By the way, do you see the AE on the Network utility.
The Base Station Management Tool lets you setup the base station like
you want it to. On the Home page of the Base Station do you see the MAC
address of the AE and its assigned address? Thats the kind of
information that is needed to help you. The AE has to be on the
network.
So, read a little more and gather more information and bring it back.
I like apples. My first home PC was a IIe dialing up to compuserve.
I don't think Bill planned on not supporting the AE. Have others gotten
it to work on MS broadband hardware?