Dec 16, 2002
I just got my new system:
Athlon 64 3200+
Asus K8V M/B
2x Geil PC 3200 512mb
BBA AIW Radeon 9800 Pro
2x 36 GB WD Raptor (in Raid 0)
Antec 430w true power

This is were the problem starts and I'm pretty sure the Radeon is the verdict but anyway:
In most 3d apps, (battlefield 1942, 3D mark 2001, ati demos and such,) there are strange glitches in it that stretch the textures and make it jut out like spikes. I had a bad feeling about it when i first started it up and the screen before the POST where it says K8V had a few random pixels missing from it. The problem is that it isn't random. It's always the same spots were this happens but will always repeat, in the games too. Has anyone had this problem before? It seems as though it was overclocked but it does this and I haven't even touched the clock speeds. I really don't feel like packing it up and sending it back cause I'm really anxious to play with my new system. Help any one?

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Are there graphical glitches through out post and or in the bios? If you have lots of random dots in places in the bios or during post it is most likely faulty ram on the graphics card. I would recommend that you get an artifact tester and see what happens. An artifact tester will tell you really quick if you have bad vid ram or not. When you see the small diamonds start appearing you know your screwed :) I believe the Omega drivers come with an artifact tester so give em a shot.
Texture issues in games are more likely software related so installing new drivers may fix that problem. I'm surprised you would be able to even play a game with bad ram though, usually it would simply reset the computer after displaying a lovely show of color :)

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
I tried to install the omega's but now the system isn't stable for more than 10 minutes. The graphical glitches are just through the post, the bios is fine. I put in my Radeon 7000 and everything is peachy. Now im going to have to wait a week and a half while I RMA my card. Another case solved.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.

Which catalysts are you running? There was an AIW issue with the 3.9s, you had to download a patch IIRC.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
I had the 3.8's and the 3.9's but it had problems even before the drivers were loaded for windows.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.

OH. Then that does sound like either a board conflict or a bad card.

I don't think this will be an easy 'remote diagnosis' fix.

It could be a bunch of things. Sorry man!
:frown:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

pop the card outta the slot and reinsert it to make sure a good connection(also see if any dust or sh|t is down there)

thats me only advice left, otherwise I would say you might have gotten a bum card.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

huxley309

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
this is my system

athlon64 3200+
asus k8v deluxe..
550w psu..cant remember brand
his excalibur ice-q 9800pro
corsair xms ddr400 512mb
120gb wd caviar 8meg cache
and i have had hardly no issues with games....nothing a patch didnt sort so perhaps it is your graphics card?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by huxley309 on 12/01/03 01:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
I'm going to try that tonight after i finish my hot chocolate, i already sent out a RMA request so we'll see.

-----------------------
Add witty comment here.