Recycle Bin Problem

I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My
problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my Recyle Bin I can't
see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I have x
items in it, but they don't display. I therefore have no restore
functionality.

Any input is very appreciated.

Joe
4 answers Last reply
More about recycle problem

    Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "joe" <jlakat@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:e18LY2SNFHA.3420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my
    >Recyle Bin I can't see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I have x items in it, but they don't display. I
    >therefore have no restore functionality.
    >
    > Any input is very appreciated.
    >
    > Joe

    I have tried that link. I am still having the same problem.
    Any other advice?

    "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- :

    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > marfers notes for windows xp
    > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > .
    > "joe" <jlakat@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >>I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My
    >>problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my Recyle Bin I
    >>can't see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I
    >>have x items in it, but they don't display. I therefore have no restore
    >>functionality.
    >>
    >> Any input is very appreciated.
    >>
    >> Joe

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    --

    "Matt" <mfruth79nono@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ijj5e.20480$DW.17971@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
    >I have tried that link. I am still having the same problem.
    > Any other advice?
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OFG89YWNFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    >> Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> .
    >> "joe" <jlakat@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:e18LY2SNFHA.3420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >>>I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my
    >>>Recyle Bin I can't see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I have x items in it, but they don't display.
    >>>I therefore have no restore functionality.
    >>>
    >>> Any input is very appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Joe

    I've tried running this several times and I am still getting the same
    problem. Zero files showing when I open the Recycle Bin and when I click to
    Empty it says that I have 80 files to erase.

    Is there a way to reset it through the registry?

    > To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC
    > /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System
    > File Checker (Sfc.exe):
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
    >
    > How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install:
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > marfers notes for windows xp
    > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > .
    > "Matt" <mfruth79nono@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>I have tried that link. I am still having the same problem.
    >> Any other advice?
    >>
    >> "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- :
    >>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509