Recycle Bin Problem

March 30, 2005 12:37:16 PM

I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My
problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my Recyle Bin I can't
see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I have x
items in it, but they don't display. I therefore have no restore
functionality.

Any input is very appreciated.

Joe

More about : recycle bin problem

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:22:41 PM

Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"joe" <jlakat@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:e18LY2SNFHA.3420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my
>Recyle Bin I can't see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I have x items in it, but they don't display. I
>therefore have no restore functionality.
>
> Any input is very appreciated.
>
> Joe

April 8, 2005 3:25:02 AM

I have tried that link. I am still having the same problem.
Any other advice?

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o FG89YWNFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- :

> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> marfers notes for windows xp
> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> .
> "joe" <jlakat@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My
>>problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my Recyle Bin I
>>can't see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I
>>have x items in it, but they don't display. I therefore have no restore
>>functionality.
>>
>> Any input is very appreciated.
>>
>> Joe

April 8, 2005 10:03:16 AM

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

"Matt" <mfruth79nono@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ijj5e.20480$DW.17971@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>I have tried that link. I am still having the same problem.
> Any other advice?
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o FG89YWNFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Repair Recycle Bin -- see line #64 at right -- : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>

>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> .
>> "joe" <jlakat@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:e18LY2SNFHA.3420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>I have an XP SP2 system and am current with all security updates. My problem is that in the last week or so when I click on my
>>>Recyle Bin I can't see the contents. When I go to empty it, it will tell me that I have x items in it, but they don't display.
>>>I therefore have no restore functionality.
>>>
>>> Any input is very appreciated.
>>>
>>> Joe

April 15, 2005 12:24:53 AM

I've tried running this several times and I am still getting the same
problem. Zero files showing when I open the Recycle Bin and when I click to
Empty it says that I have 80 files to erase.

Is there a way to reset it through the registry?

!