A few general questions and a source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin81

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I am not quite yet in the market for a computer, but I will be soon. I am from the University of Great Falls in Great Falls, MT I am conducting a report on computers and I would like to ask a few general questions. First, what is the difference between processors such as intel i5 or i7, and second, how do features such as face recognition software, biometrics, and widi actually work? If these quetions can be answered, I would like to know if I could use a person as a source. I would need a first and a last name.

Sincerely,

Dustin W. Hamer, Business Administration Major University of Great Falls

Yea be glad to help for the CPU question, as for the advanced question, some here may not answer it....

But perhaps not here on the forums... Send me a PM

Not sure if i am able to give away my name here on the forums but would glad to be a reference to your question

Dustin81

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I am not quite yet in the market for a computer, but I will be soon. I am from the University of Great Falls in Great Falls, MT I am conducting a report on computers and I would like to ask a few general questions. First, what is the difference between processors such as intel i5 or i7, and second, how do features such as face recognition software, biometrics, and widi actually work? If these quetions can be answered, I would like to know if I could use a person as a source. I would need a first and a last name.

Sincerely,

Dustin W. Hamer, Business Administration Major
University of Great Falls

Yes i understand your purpose, no need to keep posting it

Here i will answer your question... I won't give my last name unless absolutely needed

The Difference between the Intel Core I5 and Core i7 is, the Intel I5 has more of a Performance for Money point givning you what you need to get started. The Intel Core I7 is intels greatest family of Processor's Giving you world class performance along with Hyper threading for making ground breaking results in the work of Video rendering, Editing, along with Major Multitasking applications.

Associate In Programming and Computer Science

Dustin81

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
So, what is your first name, and I would like to have a last name just for the purpose of citation, but I will not push if you do not wish to give it. it is also possible that I could use your screen name for the citation. Would you rather I go ahead with that method?

I have answered your other questions and may be able to answer the face recognition one.

Face Recognition has been seen is cool spy movies but mostly only government facilities such as the Pentagon or FBI and CIA. Its been around longer than most people would expect but similar security technologies are cheaper cost. The way it works is there is a small camera or "3D image scanner" using advanced algorithm's to scan the shape of the face. Your face is then stored into a "Date base" Which is then used through out the entire security system. If you would like to learn more about Face recognition there is video's online to explain more in detail.

Biometrics involve face recognition but its not only facial recognition that uses Biometrics. Biometrics is what is scanned in the beginning process. Parts like Eye's or even a fingerprint or Signature. Before going more into explaining Biometrics let me just say, If we could begin using Facial Recognition or even Biometrics (Hand, Signature, Eye Contact, etc) at things like ATM's or public facilities like banks or high class restaurants using Credit cards as payment.. It would make the world advance quicker. Now back on course.... here are two different ways to recognize a person: verification and identification. Verification (Am I who I claim I am?) involves confirming or denying a person's claimed identity. On the other hand, in identification, the system has to recognize a person (Who am I?) from a list of N users in the template database. Identification is a more challenging problem because it involves 1:N matching compared to 1:1 matching for verification.

Now Widi is something i can relate to, since I major with Video,Graphics and Displays. Wireless Display is a New Technology Intel and other computers are starting to move into and incorporate in their other technologies. Being able to rid cables from the computer to the screen is a major advancement. but the only problem is could run into is interference or "Lag" time between the transmission from the computer to the monitor.. Intel has incorporated Widi into TV's by using a laptop and a TV with the logo Intel Widi. This technology can be quite pricey but if your in the market for it. Anything is possible.
Here is the page for more info: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html

Ok that should be all you need for your Paper/Report. I had to write a Paper on "The vast Changes of Technology" back in High school. For my Senior Project i build a computer. It was probably the first most funnest thing i did before getting started into the industry. Computers can have any range of uses from the Medical field to Construction to Designing cars and Making movies all the way down to typing your report. I hope i have given you the Information you need and don't forget when you decide to build a computer. Come back and see us and we will help you build your experience! :hello:

You come back now, Ya here

What ever you need. The main reason i didn't want to give my name up is for Privacy for forum purposes and personal Non Disclosure but Since your a Student and respect the college people that are just trying to make it.... Ill let you have what i can give.

You may also Put my Screen name in your report.

Status
Not open for further replies.