after system recovery windows home will not start....help!

March 30, 2005 10:53:04 AM

I ran system recovery on my computer last night, after the recovery... the
screen goes to windows xp home.....it tries to load.....sits for about 40
seconds......then re-boots......that's all....it just keeps booting.and
trying to load windows xp home....i dont get any error messages, its just
trying to get windows open....but it fails...what can i do? please help!!
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:24:39 PM

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)