erased OS

hi I had two OS windows XP home edition (partition 1 C drive) and XP pro
(partition 2 D drive) but i only needed home edition so i went to erase pro
in Bootcfg. Unfortunatly i ersed the wrong one! is there a way of getting it
back?
thanks in advance for your help
jackie

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:27B30780-A7B9-42F7-9737-BE8D76E8B255@microsoft.com,
Jackie <Jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi I had two OS windows XP home edition (partition 1 C drive) and XP
> pro (partition 2 D drive) but i only needed home edition so i went to
> erase pro in Bootcfg. Unfortunatly i ersed the wrong one! is there a
> way of getting it back?
> thanks in advance for your help
> jackie

Boot with the CD in the drive, select recovery console:

Check this site for details:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/bootcons_bootcfg.asp

From there you *might* be able to repair your boot.ini file. It should look
something like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

*** edited to reflect Home Edition ***

Galen