Sign in with
Your question

Chkdsk and Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 21, 2010 2:24:42 AM

Hi,
I'm a new Windows 7 user. I use Chrome, and whenever I download something using that browser, I get a notification:

Chrome.exe corrupt file: the file or directory users/rachel/downloads is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

I've run chkdsk once; It doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. It also takes forever. Is there a way to run it so it just checks that specific folder?
Other stuff I've tried: a Registry cleaner, redownloading chrome. When I use firefox, I don't get this error message...

Any ideas? And please answer like I'm computer illiterate, because I kind of am. Thanks!

More about : chkdsk windows

June 21, 2010 2:33:01 AM

releach said:
Hi,
I'm a new Windows 7 user. I use Chrome, and whenever I download something using that browser, I get a notification:

Chrome.exe corrupt file: the file or directory users/rachel/downloads is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

I've run chkdsk once; It doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. It also takes forever. Is there a way to run it so it just checks that specific folder?
Other stuff I've tried: a Registry cleaner, redownloading chrome. When I use firefox, I don't get this error message...

Any ideas? And please answer like I'm computer illiterate, because I kind of am. Thanks!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Crome browser and see if it helps.

But I would STRONGLY advise you to do a full computer backup soon, as it seems the harddisk is dying...

m
l
June 21, 2010 3:12:26 AM

Thanks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome; that didn't fix the problem.

Horrified to hear hard disk might be failing.
m
l
!