Radeon9600XT, Better than 9600PRO?

FataLFlaw

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
Alright guys, per your recommendations I am going to return the XFXgeforcefx5600, and get a Radeon9600pro. The only problem is that it seems the 9600pro is out of stock around here and I want this thing NOW! I found that best buy is selling a Radeon9600XT 128mbDDR for $199. Does this card compare to the 9600pro? Thanks.

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Look at THG review and also around internet.

XT is slightly better than Pro. Best point is overclocks to higher Mhz and free Half Life 2 game when available. It's worth if you were planning to buy it when released.

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

The XT is better at stock speeds. And with GOOD memory like that on the ASUS boards it is a wicked card.

Is it worth ~$50 premium, depends on the card you get. Also rememebr you get that nice HL@ coupon to ease your pain. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

ASUS babe, Bah! :tongue:

Gigaboob, err Gigabyte broad! :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>