desktop error 1 time then ok second time

Hello when I try to open a desktop icon I get a message saying microsoft
error and everything shuts down the icons disappears then reappear. If I
click again a second time then I can open the icon. It does this everytime.
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop error time time

    How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Gizmos80" <Gizmos80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello when I try to open a desktop icon I get a message saying microsoft
    > error and everything shuts down the icons disappears then reappear. If I
    > click again a second time then I can open the icon. It does this
    > everytime.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP