Task Manager Disabled

March 30, 2005 12:01:04 PM

Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your administrator has
disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
appreciated.

More about : task manager disabled

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:09:07 AM

Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Hissy" <Hissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your administrator
> has
> disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
> appreciated.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:09:08 AM

Go with Ramesh. However, if you have installed Process Explorer make
sure you have not selected "Replace Task Manager" under Options. I found
this option selected and have no idea how that occurred. It caused the
message you are seeing.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Hissy" <Hissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your
>> administrator has
>> disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
>> appreciated.

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 3:59:43 AM

Thanks for the added info, Gerry. Though I've used P'Explorer so many times,
somehow I failed to come across that particular option. Now I know how that
works:

http://blogs.msdn.com/greggm/archive/2005/02/21/377663....
http://www.slashstar.com/blogs/tim/archive/2004/7/12.as...

--