Task Manager Disabled

Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your administrator has
disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about task manager disabled

    Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Hissy" <Hissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your administrator
    > has
    > disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
    > appreciated.

    Go with Ramesh. However, if you have installed Process Explorer make
    sure you have not selected "Replace Task Manager" under Options. I found
    this option selected and have no idea how that occurred. It caused the
    message you are seeing.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    > Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Hissy" <Hissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your
    >> administrator has
    >> disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
    >> appreciated.

    Thanks for the added info, Gerry. Though I've used P'Explorer so many times,
    somehow I failed to come across that particular option. Now I know how that
    works:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/greggm/archive/2005/02/21/377663.aspx
    http://www.slashstar.com/blogs/tim/archive/2004/7/12.aspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
    > Go with Ramesh. However, if you have installed Process Explorer make sure
    > you have not selected "Replace Task Manager" under Options. I found this
    > option selected and have no idea how that occurred. It caused the message
    > you are seeing.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    >> Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Hissy" <Hissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Pressing control /alt/ delete brings up the message "Your administrator
    >>> has
    >>> disabled task manager" How can I renable it? Any help will be much
    >>> appreciated.

Support Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP