wireless internet connection

debbie

I lost my wireless internet connection - don't know why.
I have a wired connection through the modem and router
but can't seem to go wireless anymore. What the heck
happened?

rev

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2004

Debbie; My Broadband provider charges for additional computers--1st computer
is like $40 then $35 additional pays for up to 3 computers. The problem I had
with my wireless connection was that the cable company changes my ip address
monthly calling it an ip lease. So today it may be 68.192.666.07 but in a
month from now it will suddenly change when I login to 70.193.067.91 or
something... Still figuring this one out for myself. I kinda gave up the
wireless connection because of the additional cost and I didn't feel very
secure, the router instructions didn't mention that security settings default
to off for, which means, freeinternetforall.dot.yeeha! this happened when I
recently upgraded an ME machine to XP and the IP address changed. Hardwired,
no problem, I just reran the initial configuration CD that came with the
network adapter. and that worked.
.. --
Everything in EXCESS!!! If you want to taste the flavor of LIFE, Take BIG
Bytes. Moderation is for monks…