NeoGeo board with unstable brightness

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hello all,
I hope to be in the right newsgroup for this question :)
I recently purchased a Neo Geo board model MV-1FZ that works very well with
the exception of video signal that is a bit unstable on brightness: on
regular time it goes slightly brighter for about a second then go back to
normal view for a pair of seconds. This happens with or without a game
cartridge. I know this board requires 7A on the +5V line and actually is
connected via SuperGun with a Power Supply capable of only 5A.
Could be this the cause for such issue?

Thanks in advance

CyberDez

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Get a better powersupply. Im told a computer AT powersupply will do
what you need. Your likely to either hurt the PS or your board or both
if you don't have the proper equipment.

-isaac

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

And if it doesn't fix it? then we take the next step, first things
first though ;)

-isaac