HAHAHAHAHAHA

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
check out this<A HREF="http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=2511430&catalog=RadioShack" target="_new"> extreme</A> computer.
Wow, it's got a Athlon 64. Nice case.....with a geforce 4 mx 440. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue

LOL!

Well it's obviously a Typo, they obviously mean to put;

'PLUS.... A new MX4000!' :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd sell a system like that, with an FX5700, for $1500 if you're interested...

TWO FREAKING GRAND? WTF!!!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow! Then I'll build that sysem with a better video card for $2k Cannuki Bux, and still make money. I thought these companies were using volume to make stuff cheaper?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Damn Radio Scrap are nuts, I can build the same system, with a 9600 vid card for about 1500$ CAN and this include my fee for the assembly!!!

<b><font color=red>Psychiatrist says I'm crazy but the voices in my head say I'm not :cool: </font color=red></b>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
wouldnt some onboard gfx be a "more powerful" solution ???
Hmm, could always buy one & install a TnT2 ultra & see how that goes...

But Hey, just to be picky, I have always wanted a 17" ATX Tower...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Features AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ processor, 17" ATX tower with 300-watt power supply, 1GB PC 3200 DDR 400 RAM, 1.44MB 3.5" floppy disk drive, 120GB 7200 RPM hard disk drive, 56x max. CD-ROM drive, 4x max. DVD±RW, 128MB nVidia MX440 128-bit 8x-AGP Graphics card, 6 channel on-board sound, 10/100 NIC, V.92 56K fax/modem, multimedia keyboard, optical mouse, Microsoft® Windows XP Home Edition, Norton AntiVirus, Ghost and Personal Firewall.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by marneus on 12/02/03 10:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
Actually, ATI's new 9100 IGP motherboard with integrated graphics would be more powerful.....Unfortunatley, it is only for the P4, and ATI doesn't have a chipset coming out for the A64 for some time.....

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I gotta make $200, so upgrading the PSU to a $36 Fortron...wait, they probably paid $20 for that PSU separately anyway, so YES!

HEhe, but they do have one coming! HEhe!

Likely to be my next board if it has all/more of the features Gigabyte offers with their 939 socket solutions.
Supposedly it's also a DX9 part (likely R9600SE/FX5200 level or less) so that's nice too. Funny thing would be people with GF4ti4600s, having to take out their add-in card so they can see a DX9 demo w/ their onboard vpu, then put it back for gaming. :lol:

Onboard graphics alongside a nice PCI-EX solution. Sweet. And hopefully easier to consatntly upgrade drivers (switch to onboard, then back) without worrying about failed installs/uninstalls so much :cool: , like when I tried to put the CAT3.0 on my system with the R9600Pro (which isn't included in the 3,0, I just was curious) and it caused serious problems until I went into safe mode and uninstalled it. It would be nice to still have a graphics card to default to, also nice for testing issues (like did you fry your memory, *cough* GW *cough* :evil: , or just screw something else up, althoug I guess rainbows is pretty obvious).

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
CAT 3.0s are out!?!? WTF! It doesn't affect me much since I have nVidia, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about that. Anyway, I've never had a problem with driver installs, not even Omegas or the like.

[sarcasm]Ignitor 60 (made up name) better come out soon, I want nVidia to pull some magical feat where DX9 is enabled in my Ti4400...[/sarcasm] I've actually never played on a DX9 game with a DX9 card, just briefly seen it at shows and screenshots. Oh well, I can wait and just be that much more shocked for next-gen.

Damn Rambus.

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
I wonder if you could.....

9100 IGP = 1 monitor
9x00 AGP card = 2 monitors
9000/9100 pci card = 2 monitors

Wouldn't it be sweet if you could hook up 5 monitors to your pc? Don't really know what for, other than bragging rights.

Ahhhhhh.........imagine the bragging rights. Imagine the envy your friends would have when they see that.

ecar016

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2002
best u can get cheap is the 9100igp....
1 monitor on board
2 monitors AGP add in
3 monitors total.
all diff. resolutions and desktops
ATI calls it surround view I think.
EC

<font color=red> Quantum Computers! - very interesting </font color=red>

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
Too bad. Already got dual monitors running off my 9600Pro, and it certanly is useful (aka, watching a movie while typing up an english paper.....). Eh, just a though. Oh well, still nice to think of the bragging rights

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The Canadian $ is up to 0.77 USD now, and climbing fast. The USD is tanking like the titanic lately. Pretty soon it'll be the other way around :p

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Vapor, they've been out since the beginning of the year (Jan. '03). But as an obvious nVidiot, or just plain idiot, I guess you wouldn't not know that. :tongue:

As for driver install issues, guess you can't read either. If the card doesn't exist (to the public at least) at the time of the driver release then it's not surprising it doesn't work well on those cards.

BTW, sorry attempt at sarcasm.

ecar, you are forgeting PCI video.

So the best you could hope for is;

1 onboard IGP = 1 monitor
+
1 AGP = 2 more monitors out
+
3PCI (only 3 slots on IGP9100) Cards (like a PCI R9200) each with 1DVI + 1VGA.

Thuss a total of 9 monitors that you could support. Just don't expect much.

Now you could expand that with a few HR256s but that would add about $6000 for 6 more monitors, not worth it IMO. :wink:

And <b>SargeDuck</b>, people who set up Flight Sim consoles at home Love Multi-monitor. Many Flight Sims support 270+/180+ Degreees of viewing so you can immerse yourself in it. I have seen up to 18 monitors on one setup, but that involved creating a server cluster just to support everything. Looks bad when it's made of mis-mash stuff.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
<b><font color=red><i>HOLY SH!T, I AM SUCH AN F-ING IDIOT.</b></i></font color=red> For some reason or another I thought that the current one was 2.9 (not 3.9) and that you somehow had a leaked one...FSCK!!!! Wow, I feel like SoD (well, a little smarter, by default).

I just hit a new low. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Damn Rambus.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd save them even more if I modified the software bundle.