Internet Explorer can't find any pages?

I've just installed XP and SP2 and all the updates. I have a Broadband
connection and downloaded the latest drivers. I can connect to my ISP and
log on to my home page but only once when I open IE but it can't find any
pages nor will it open the search page after the initial page. I've emptied
the cache and refresh doesn't work. My ISP has checked all my settings and
they are OK. The firewall did ask me about a few files ootuqq.exe,
pingppac.exe and winmgr but it still wont find pages whether or not I block
these. Funny thing is if I ping from the command screen I get replies so it
seems I am connected to my ISP server OK. Anyone any ideas or should I stick
with W2K Pro.? I'm sending this on a different computer if anyone wonders
how I can post messages and yet IE doesn't work.
Thanks
Tony
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer find pages

    the netsh command in SP2 can rebuild your Winsock. Open the command prompt and type: netsh winsock reset , then press ENTER.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Tony Williams" <tw@tcpinvalid.com> wrote in message news:OOeG%23hVNFHA.1732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > I've just installed XP and SP2 and all the updates. I have a Broadband
    > connection and downloaded the latest drivers. I can connect to my ISP and
    > log on to my home page but only once when I open IE but it can't find any
    > pages nor will it open the search page after the initial page. I've emptied
    > the cache and refresh doesn't work. My ISP has checked all my settings and
    > they are OK. The firewall did ask me about a few files ootuqq.exe,
    > pingppac.exe and winmgr but it still wont find pages whether or not I block
    > these. Funny thing is if I ping from the command screen I get replies so it
    > seems I am connected to my ISP server OK. Anyone any ideas or should I stick
    > with W2K Pro.? I'm sending this on a different computer if anyone wonders
    > how I can post messages and yet IE doesn't work.
    > Thanks
    > Tony

    Thanks Mark
    Tony

    http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > .
    > "Tony Williams" <tw@tcpinvalid.com> wrote in message
    > > I've just installed XP and SP2 and all the updates. I have a Broadband
    > > connection and downloaded the latest drivers. I can connect to my ISP
    and
    > > log on to my home page but only once when I open IE but it can't find
    any
    > > pages nor will it open the search page after the initial page. I've
    emptied
    > > the cache and refresh doesn't work. My ISP has checked all my settings
    and
    > > they are OK. The firewall did ask me about a few files ootuqq.exe,
    > > pingppac.exe and winmgr but it still wont find pages whether or not I
    block
    > > these. Funny thing is if I ping from the command screen I get replies so
    it
    > > seems I am connected to my ISP server OK. Anyone any ideas or should I
    stick
    > > with W2K Pro.? I'm sending this on a different computer if anyone
    wonders
    > > how I can post messages and yet IE doesn't work.
    > > Thanks
    > > Tony

Windows XP