I can't get my cd rom drive to work

nio

I have tried to get my cd rom drive to work yet it won;t read it it keeps
saying that is has no disk. I have a emachine. can anybody help
thanks

The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a CD-ROM in the drive:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135

Resources for troubleshooting DVD problems in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308012

Q321641 - How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509